New here, and need some help!

I will head to the super walmart and see, sams club only had the 6% and that was 3 for 10 bucks basically, but if I can get 10%...then thats even better. Ill head out there tonight to pickup a bunch.

I really appreciate all the help that you all are providing, thanks a ton

Gotcha, im guessing the shock method is to desolve it in a bucket with water and then dump it into the pool?

I added 4 more jugs so 484 oz total. Ill retest here soon and brush also.
No, sock method is exactly what it sounds like, lol
You put stabilizer in a clean sock and tie it in front of return so it's in a stream of water all the time to help it dissolved faster.

I will head to the super walmart and see, sams club only had the 6% and that was 3 for 10 bucks basically, but if I can get 10%...then thats even better. Ill head out there tonight to pickup a bunch.

I really appreciate all the help that you all are providing, thanks a ton
Wal-Mart next to me sell 10% for $3.67 or something like that. It is definitely better value.

To that point...did I damage anything by using those jugs of bleach?
The Cloromax is polymer. It can foam, leave scum in your skimmer and waterline. It should not harm anything. The company even informed a forum member last year that the product was not for use in pools.

Ah well definitely good to know, only used 8 jugs...so hopefully itll clean out and not affect anything.

I will be testing shortly, I added 2 jugs of the 10% I just got which should raise it to 12 FC based off PoolMath.

More to come shortly

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The only thing you should be testing while under SLAM is FC. You can even drop CC test for a while until you will be near the end of SLAM.
The idea of SLAM is to have target FC according to Chlorine/CYA chart as constant as possible. In your case that 12 FC. So test it more frequently in the beginning to get the feel of how much you loosing and bring it back to 12. Oh, and post pictures of your pool if you can. We love to see all those swamps turning into sparkly oasis!

Sounds good! I will retest in an hour to see what I am dealin with and where it went from 14. Skiping the CC test for now.

Attached is a picture, cloudy as can be but...hopefully thatll change in the next handful of days doing this. Excited to see it return to glory!

@Fast7 @mknauss many thanks for all the help so far!

Attachments

• 20190703_215829_resized.jpg
    20190703_215829_resized.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 12
Have seen a lot of those this year.

Clearing a cloudy pool with a sand filter with magic media in it may take some time ---

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.