Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi all,
I received an alert on my Hayward OmniHub app last night that a new firmware update is available. I've been running the latest firmware R4.8.1 since installing the OmniHub controller last Summer. The new firmware version number was not listed on the app or Hayward's Firmware website. I managed to find the new version number (R5.0.0) on the controller itself, under the download OTA menu.

I've been trying to find any reference or release-notes about the new firmware, without much luck. The controller firmware version is mentioned in this new Hayward "Smart Power Transformer" PDF doc, so maybe it's just some kind of "lighting" update for the controller?

Appreciate any info or release-notes someone may find.

Same as well. This page in the wiki was very helpful, but has not been updated since 4.8.0. User ajw22 was keeping it updated, and it had an update in March this year, but I don't see that the user is still registered on the site. Hopefully the mods will help. I don't mind keeping it updated if it needs a new owner.

Personally I won't install it until I know exactly what it changes, especially since it's a major version number upgrade. Need to give it time to see what the feedback is about it. Doesn't matter who's operating system it is (Hayward, Apple, Microsoft, etc).

Last edited:
Same as well. This page in the wiki was very helpful, but has not been updated since 4.8.0. User ajw22 was keeping it updated, and it had an update in March this year, but I don't see that the user is still registered on the site. Hopefully the mods will help. I don't mind keeping it updated if it needs a new owner.
No new information to update on that page.

We depend on members postings for new news.

FWIW, I wound-up installing the new R5.0.0 firmware OTA on my OmniHub, shortly after my opening post, above. So far, so good (knock on wood). But ,I don't see any improvements either...

Last edited:
MSP v5.0 release notes are up:

Release Notes R5.0.0

Only significant note is support for a Remote Configuration module to allow remote configuration changes by Hayward pool professionals. Wish this was a capability opened to consumers!
Excellent! Thanks for posting this.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support