New guy, old pool

Just a quick question: From your signature, I see you have a sand filter, but I noticed that you mentioned adding DE after backwashing. Are you adding the DE to help the filtering or have you a DE filter instead of a sand one? I only ask, because sometimes the helpful folks will make adjustments based on the type of filter.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW: Have you noticed the blue color starting to show in the recent pictures. I sure have!!

Just a quick question: From your signature, I see you have a sand filter, but I noticed that you mentioned adding DE after backwashing. Are you adding the DE to help the filtering or have you a DE filter instead of a sand one? I only ask, because sometimes the helpful folks will make adjustments based on the type of filter.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW: Have you noticed the blue color starting to show in the recent pictures. I sure have!!

I have a sand filter. DE is per this Pool School - Add DE to a Sand Filter

Okay. Thanks for the info. Usually we save the DE add until the very end. Most folks get a quick PSI rise if the water is still murky. I'm assuming that you are not seeing your PSI getting too high in like 30mins? We recommend that you backwash when the pressure is 20-25% over clean. So if your clean pressure is 10 you should be backwashing at around 12-13.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sometimes it can seem like a never ending job. Hopefully it will clear up sooner. How often are you having to backwash ??

Yup . . . it's like watching the paint dry. The hard part is over now it's just a waiting game on the filter to catch up. :goodjob: