New filter pressure gauge

cj133

May 6, 2018
NJ
My few month old Hayward pressure gauge isn't working anymore. For some reason I'm not surprised.

Can anyone recommend a really good gauge for this application?

My system runs 2 psi most of the time and 15 psi in high stage so I'm thinking a 30psi gauge is perfect but I don't know what will tolerate being exposed outdoors etc.

I believe the connection is 1/4" npt.

cj,

Check out TF-testkits.. They have 30 lb oil filled gauges for about $15 bucks..

Jim R.

Hi Jim thanks for responding.

My concern with the is glycerin freezes.
I had planned on leaving the head outside in the winter. Maybe this is a bad idea in general?

cj,

They are supposed to be good down to -4F.. If you get a lot of temps below this, I would think about moving.. :mrgreen:

Or at least bringing in things like the pumps, etc.. I would take the gauge out as part of the closing process and bring it inside.

Another option is to take your chances and just replace it if it freezes..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: cj133
cj,

They are supposed to be good down to -4F.. If you get a lot of temps below this, I would think about moving.. :mrgreen:

Or at least bringing in things like the pumps, etc.. I would take the gauge out as part of the closing process and bring it inside.

Another option is to take your chances and just replace it if it freezes..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I've seen -8 since we've lived here and the record low is -19 and these are actual not wind chill. ;)

I prefer cold over hot any day but the wife won't move anywhere colder.

cj,

Make sure you buy the one that mounts the way you need it..

Not that it matters, but wind chill has an effect on people, not equipment...

I've lived in Maine, Iceland, and Alaska, so I kind of understand liking cold.. I was just giving you a hard time.. :)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.