New Fiberglass install in Clarksville TN (Dig started Nov 16, 2020)

I just finished the volleyball court this evening. Got the net and posts perfectly level and to regulation. I also stained the posts to match my fence and it really blends in nicely. My teenage daughters and their friends will spend lots of time out there this summer. They took my dirt from my dig and leveled out a nice court up there. 😀
View attachment 320596View attachment 320597View attachment 320598
Looks good what you've done start to finish. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but your grass looks like you never tore up your backyard just a few short months ago.

Looks good what you've done start to finish. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but your grass looks like you never tore up your backyard just a few short months ago.
I really hit the grass seed hard as soon as they finished in December and I had nothing for almost a month or two. I was really worried, but it has really exploded this past month. I put down lime and fertilizer with the seed in December. I then used my spike aerator and reseeded/ & added lime/fertilzer again a month ago to help it fill in. I’m sure I’ll have some bare spots when the summer drought hits but I will work it again in the fall. I can’t believe how well it has filled in so far though, I’ve had to mow about every 5 days to keep it manageable. 😅

Reactions: Dave1096
I really hit the grass seed hard as soon as they finished in December and I had nothing for almost a month or two. I was really worried, but it has really exploded this past month. I put down lime and fertilizer with the seed in December. I then used my spike aerator and reseeded/ & added lime/fertilzer again a month ago to help it fill in. I’m sure I’ll have some bare spots when the summer drought hits but I will work it again in the fall. I can’t believe how well it has filled in so far though, I’ve had to mow about every 5 days to keep it manageable. 😅
Looks great!

Reactions: Apsuhead
Reactions: Casey

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I did my first backwash yesterday and I had some water leaking out of the sight glass. I contacted the PB and he said to unscrew it and use teflon tape if needed. I cleaned the threads out and screwed it back on tight, hopefully that will do it. The backwash really can lower the water quick! My salt system displayed low flow so that’s why I backwashed. I’ve been running it at 20% to keep my FC at 6 with my CYA around 80. My pump basket had lots of little tree blooms when I cleaned it out. My pump had been running mostly at 1725 rpms but I would also run it at a low speed of 1150 rpms at times. I finally programmed the pump to run at 1500 rpms 24/7 and at higher speed of 3000 rpms from 6-7 am and 4-5 pm everyday to skim. Hopefully that keeps everything happy. My electric bill was actually lower than last month and the bill from a year ago ... so running the pool pump hasn’t been costly at all. For some reason Amazon refunded me for my new solar cover yesterday due to “account adjustment” and added my gift card balance and reward points back to my account. I’m not complaining! My SE robot from Marina is great, I couldn’t survive without it. I just have to scoop up tons of worms after it rains, they love to get in the pool and on my concrete decking on the grassy side. I use a cloth and magic eraser to clean off the water line every few weeks to keep the pool sparking. The water balancing has been a breeze with the help of TFP and my TF-100 test kit and speed stir. I got a K-1766 Salt Test last week as well, I didn’t trust the salt test strips I was using.

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
Reactions: kimkats
It has been in the 80s here the last 2 days so the pool water was up to 74 degrees today. I finally got in the water for more than a few minutes. A few observations ...
* I love the feel of the smooth fiberglass on my feet. My brother in law has an older concrete pool and it rubs our feet raw
* I like the fiberglass edge instead of the concrete cantilevered deck. We choose this mainly because it was cheaper but feels great on the back on my knees sitting on the side of the pool
* I’m glad we got the smaller handrail and put it beside the steps instead of in the middle. The steps are about 10 ft wide it really opens them up completely for sitting in the water.
* I’m glad I got them to pour a concrete sidewalk from the house to the pool. I was going to do a cheap paver walkway myself but added the sidewalk at the last second. It’s 30x4 ft so it only cost me an extra $840 at $7 per sq ft. So worth it.
* It’s a lot easier to clean the waterline while in the pool. It seems like it isn’t getting as dirty now that I added some calcium to get the CH to 200.
* I got some cheap skimmer socks from Lowe’s and they filter out the small junk great
* My pool light points towards our house which goes against most advice. Our pool sets high enough in the back yard that the light doesn’t shine into our windows on the main floor. It makes the back of our house sparkle at night which is cool as cars pass by from behind our corner lot
* I’m glad we got a pool! Water chemistry has been a breeze. I’ve always dreaded the hot days of summer but now I’m looking forward to it.
C3BD7882-1034-480E-B59B-A478C059143C.jpeg

Looks fantastic! Right there with you with ease of chemistry. We got the slightly longer handrail (long “4”) but we don’t plan on using them. Our concrete guy comes Saturday and he will make a big mess in my sparkling pool. He will make the cantilever perfectly smooth (as per him), so I’ll let you know how well that goes.

Reactions: Apsuhead
My concrete continues to fade and blend in nicely. I kept the solar cover on all week during the cold nights and the pool water reached 78 today. We had lots of rain last week so I had to drain some water. I added a bag of salt yesterday and the water chemistry is still great with TFP. I need to figure out what I want to plant in the rock landscaping.
9FCF33B2-2B81-4609-8900-FBFE3A3957E3.jpeg

I didn’t want to just rush out and buy plants. I wanted to be sure they could take full sun and wouldn’t drop anything in the pool. Been trying to research and get advice.

I’d like to buy one big full plant to put in this big square area by the equipment shed …
2030ECC4-2895-4409-8E93-377CB6AD89C9.jpeg
I think I want two different rows of something in this big area. My wife just wants green plants.
4DFC6838-DABB-4533-9D2A-DEC6646B54BE.jpeg
I think I will leave this area bare so the lounge chairs can fully recline. Only other thing I thought about were pencil hollies, I have a few of those in my landscaping in front of my house. I did buy 3 of these solar lights with a big coupon code to put on the fence posts behind the loungers. They should arrive soon.
E308BB95-2C14-45AD-AC65-A9E1F92D348B.jpeg
DAA4BEE1-5E3C-4B71-A998-0B308C4FF6EE.jpeg

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.