New Fiberglass install in Clarksville TN (Dig started Nov 16, 2020)

I did get the Aqua Rite. I have a t-9 cell with mine, and so far, it has been more than adequate. In fact, I can turn it up only to about 35% or it produces more chlorine than the sun is burning. The folks here said get one with 2x the capacity of your pool, which meant I should have a t-15. Again, mine is fine so far, but I may wish I had a bigger salt cell in the heat of the summer. If so, I will replace it with a t-15 when the cell wears out.

Reactions: Apsuhead
@monoptn did you get the 500w light? My neighbor’s was super bright and nice. I’m assuming it’s not LED. I would try to put a smart switch on it like all the other lights in my house so I could set up a schedule and control with my phone.

@monoptn did you get the 500w light? My neighbor’s was super bright and nice. I’m assuming it’s not LED. I would try to put a smart switch on it like all the other lights in my house so I could set up a schedule and control with my phone.
I got 3 LED lights with a remote. I think the brand is PAL. I like the lights and they look great. I have read a few reviews around saying they go out after a year or two. Hopefully mine will last.

I did get the Aqua Rite. I have a t-9 cell with mine, and so far, it has been more than adequate. In fact, I can turn it up only to about 35% or it produces more chlorine than the sun is burning. The folks here said get one with 2x the capacity of your pool, which meant I should have a t-15. Again, mine is fine so far, but I may wish I had a bigger salt cell in the heat of the summer. If so, I will replace it with a t-15 when the cell wears out.
How’s your T-9 holding up? Did you get a robot for your pool? I’m still waiting, I haven’t checked with the PB but I assume it will still be November for install. They said they will let me know when they start pulling permits. I’ve been watching outdoor furniture and most places are starting to drop prices to clearance everything out for the end of the season. Covid has definitely hurt supplies, most stores have been out of patio umbrellas and low on patio furniture all summer. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Anything else you do differently after having a pool for a season? Thanks!

How’s your T-9 holding up? Did you get a robot for your pool? I’m still waiting, I haven’t checked with the PB but I assume it will still be November for install. They said they will let me know when they start pulling permits. I’ve been watching outdoor furniture and most places are starting to drop prices to clearance everything out for the end of the season. Covid has definitely hurt supplies, most stores have been out of patio umbrellas and low on patio furniture all summer. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Anything else you do differently after having a pool for a season? Thanks!
The T-9 has been more than adequate. I am running my CYA at 70, so I have good sun protection from that. I also get shade a few hours a day which probably helps reduce chlorine consumption. But, I am able to run the T-9 at 50% and I run my pump 15 hours a day and it holds the chlorine pretty steady around 5-8. ( I upgraded to a variable speed during the build). I tweak the SWG up or down a little for heavy use or cloudy days, but generally, it stays on 45-50% and does just fine. I did get a robot; I think it's the Pentair equivalent of the Dolphin 200 that everyone raves about. It is a great device for sure and I got it from that place out in Colorado that is recommended here....can't think of the name of the place. If I were building again, I would probably do 2 skimmers instead of one, and maybe consider another return or two on the opposite side of the pool. I have 4 returns.....which is probably enough, but I think one on the opposite side would help move the debris the collects on the surface in the "dead" spots. As for the furniture, my wife got a deal on it the "At Home" store out in St B for tables and chairs. She got a birthday email coupon for 25% off total purchase and took advantage of it. She got the lounge chairs at Academy Sports last fall on clearance. If you want to come check it out send me a message and I'll get you my cell number. I live off Memorial.

My PB just called and said my fiberglass pool install will start in 2-3 weeks. They are starting to pull permits. I told them I wanted to add the AquaRite salt system and upgrade to a variable speed pump. They gave me these options ... any suggestions? She suggested the Hayward VS pump. Thanks!
CEE6BAE0-2335-4854-ACC7-F485E11E9C33.jpeg

My PB just called and said my fiberglass pool install will start in 2-3 weeks. They are starting to pull permits. I told them I wanted to add the AquaRite salt system and upgrade to a variable speed pump. They gave me these options ... any suggestions? She suggested the Hayward VS pump. Thanks!
View attachment 167652
I would ask what model the Hayward VS pump is, there are several different ones. I have a VS950 for my main pool/spa pump and a VS900 for the water features. I am not all that up on equipment, but to get one of the people who really know this stuff to help you they will want the model number being suggested.

Hi Spd500
Thanks for the tips.. Looks like I have got a lot to learn... What does this specifically mean?
This means that each skimmer has a dedicated pipe all the way back to the pad and can be controlled individually. If one has a problem you can still use the other. For my yard I have one skimmer that will do 90% of the work because of prevailing winds, but have another skimmer in the deep end for when the wind changes.

View attachment 167652
Good call on both. I'm not sure which model Hayward model VS pump I upgraded to, but it works great! It's plenty programmable, easy to operate, and so far reliable. EDIT: I see from my signature its a VS 700 pump. lol.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
View attachment 167652
I just checked - my pump is the Hayward vs 700. It handles my pool just fine and the programming is fairly simple and offers plenty of different speed/time settings.

I went down to building and codes to sign the Barrier Permit on Tuesday, even though we already have a privacy fence all the way around our back yard. I may try to bury the downspouts in the backyard so they can just pour a concrete sidewalk from my patio to the pool when they do the install. This would run all the water under the sidewalk before they install it.2D11F755-639A-4734-9A1B-4A8ADFD1993F.jpeg

Last edited:
That is exactly what we have on ours. All of our downspouts are connected to a 4 inch drainage pipe that goes to the street. On ours they cut a section of the curb out for the pipe, but you can also use a popup drain instead.
Yep APSUhead, I did the same thing, but mine drains in the yard. There is a drain between my pool deck and existing concrete patio as well, which was installed by the PB. That is really handy, because I drain my hot tub into that drain!

Yep APSUhead, I did the same thing, but mine drains in the yard. There is a drain between my pool deck and existing concrete patio as well, which was installed by the PB. That is really handy, because I drain my hot tub into that drain!
That is exactly what we have on ours. All of our downspouts are connected to a 4 inch drainage pipe that goes to the street. On ours they cut a section of the curb out for the pipe, but you can also use a popup drain instead.
If you have Bermuda grass you will hate the pop ups. I finally gave up on them and wen back above ground. The grass will overtake them from one cut to the next and if you forget to weed eat around them you may not be able to find them.

If you have Bermuda grass you will hate the pop ups. I finally gave up on them and wen back above ground. The grass will overtake them from one cut to the next and if you forget to weed eat around them you may not be able to find them.
In middle Tennessee, there are 2 types of yards: those that have Bermuda grass and those that are gonna have Bermuda grass.

I just found a bad review on FB for my PB, which is a rarity because they are highly recommended and I haven’t ever found one bad review. This person said their finished concrete was a disaster, buyer beware.
I wonder what caused this? B730C642-1517-4397-87AC-55F59B7E0889.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.