New EVO 604

buck1s

Mar 22, 2012
I've had a Polaris 380 for over a decade cleaning my 15x40 gunite pool. Booster pump failed this summer so I thought I'd give the corded robot cleaner a try. I found this EVO 604 on sale and put it into action the first time this weekend. Ahhhhhhh....silence while the pool is being cleaned. And if you've experienced pressure side cleaners, you know what I mean.

I can say this. For the same amount of run time, it cleans 10x as well as the 380 ever did. If you have gotten lazy about brushing your pool like I have over the years, the dual brushes on this thing cloud the pool slightly until the filter clears it up again. I'm sure that won't be an ongoing thing. It climbs the walls to the tile like a champ and does a wheelie to get up the steps (yet can't really clean them as they're too narrow).

There is nothing fancy about this cleaner. It has two modes and a start button. But hey, I really didn't want any features besides what it has. And at slightly more than half the price of the Polaris 8240, you get nearly the identical unit. Of course, time will tell how it holds up and I will enjoy it until then.

I've had a Polaris 380 for over a decade cleaning my 15x40 gunite pool. Booster pump failed this summer so I thought I'd give the corded robot cleaner a try. I found this EVO 604 on sale and put it into action the first time this weekend. Ahhhhhhh....silence while the pool is being cleaned. And if you've experienced pressure side cleaners, you know what I mean.

I can say this. For the same amount of run time, it cleans 10x as well as the 380 ever did. If you have gotten lazy about brushing your pool like I have over the years, the dual brushes on this thing cloud the pool slightly until the filter clears it up again. I'm sure that won't be an ongoing thing. It climbs the walls to the tile like a champ and does a wheelie to get up the steps (yet can't really clean them as they're too narrow).

There is nothing fancy about this cleaner. It has two modes and a start button. But hey, I really didn't want any features besides what it has. And at slightly more than half the price of the Polaris 8240, you get nearly the identical unit. Of course, time will tell how it holds up and I will enjoy it until then.
Any updates on this thing after a few weeks of use? How does it clean the walls and waterline - seems to be the only part of this machine I cannot find a solid opinion on.

I don't have any experience for comparison, chips. My prior pool cleaner was a pressure side Polaris 380 (no brushing). As Jim said, the brushes on the 604 are substantial and they really hit the waterline hard when it does a pass. So far, this cleaner suits me fine. It does such a better job than my 380 that I only have to put it in the pool once or twice a week (and I live in the woods). The filter basket is large and would take a seriously dirty pool to fill up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.