Long Island , NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I would like to update my pool equipment and would like recommendations. I currently have an old 1hp super pump and Hayward DE6020.

Would like to add heat pump and swcg. I plan on installing myself. I may have electrician install new 100A panel or might do that also.

Can someone give recommendations for controller, pump, heat pump, and swcg. Have NG but the new gas lines are a long run and estimate was $5K that is why thinking heat pump. Would also like wifi control if not that expensive.

Thank you

John

Last edited:
John,

Unfortunately, what you want to do will be somewhat expensive.. :(

The first rule in automation is to use the same brand of equipment for anything that must "talk" with each other. This generally includes the automation, any variable speed pumps, and any salt systems. Other equipment can be any brand as they do not need to communicate with the automation.

The next rule is that any salt system must be rated for at least 2 x the volume of your pool. So in your case, that means a 60K rated cell. This is because salt cells are rated when running 24/7 at 100% output. There are only a couple of brands that have 60K cells.

I'll let other's from your area chime in on the use of a heat pump. Do you plan on having your pool covered except when in use??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,
Thank you for the information. Was hoping to buy all equipment for around $8-9K. Don't need valve actuation, it is a simple pool.
For cover I would use bubble type solar cover. I did look into auto cover but it was too much money.

Thanks again

I think you can do a VS pump, heater and SWG within your budget.

Pentair Intelliflo 011028 pump - $1,200
Pentair IntelliCenter with IC60 SWG - $3,000
Heat Pump - $4,500

My estimates may be on the high side. You can probably do better with some shopping.

John,

I am a highly biased Pentair kind of guy, so I also would recommend the equipment that Allen has suggested.

The IntelliFlo is the "Gold Standard" of pool pumps, and the IntelliCenter is the new automation system that just came out in the past couple of years. It is much, much better than the EasyTouch that I currently have. If you go this route, make sure you buy the IntelliCenter with the built-in SWCG power supply, which also includes the salt cell. The automation would control the pump and the salt cell..

Here is some contact info.. Pentair IntelliCenter i8PSIC60 Kit - Pool and Spa with Load Center and IC60

I included the link just for the contact info.. The product listed is more than you need, as it is a pool and spa model and comes with two valve actuators. I suspect that Polytec, can set you up with the package you need.

Do you plan to self-install or work through a pool company?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.