New equipment package (Hayward) Please feedback

Jeep07

May 8, 2018
Kingsport
I'm installing a new pool with a local dealer. Its a 8000 gal fiberglass pool. I'm not happy with the detail the dealer is giving me on the components so I've been pulling information and putting a package together that is designed to be overkill (my preference). The dealer is Hayward so I'm looking at their stuff.

Hayward OmniLogic (Do I need to add relay boards etc? I will pull Ethernet to it instead of wifi)
Tristar VS 900 230v
[FONT=museo_sans300]Universal H-Series Natural Gas 400,000 BTU Low NOx (400k btu was my request as I plan on using 365 and live in East TN where the climate can get cold. Plus my wife and kids want it to heat up fast if needed)
[/FONT]

[FONT=museo_sans300, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]ProGrid DE 60 Filter (Do I need a Progrid separation tank?)[/FONT]
[FONT=museo_sans300]T15 Turbo Cell SWG (Will this work directly with the OnmiLogic and automates chemicals?)[/FONT]
[FONT=museo_sans300, sans-serif]Sacrificial[FONT=museo_sans300] Rod/Anode (Does Hayward make this etc?)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=museo_sans300]UCL Pool Color Network (Lights are simple it seems)[/FONT]
[FONT=museo_sans300, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]HydroRite UVO3 - UV Ozone setup (Will this help in parallel with the SWG?)[/FONT]

I will have a waterfall and I want to be able to turn the water fall on/off separate of the pool jets so do i need an automated valve for both jets and waterfall plumbing?

I built this list by looking at people posts here but really not sure if all this stuff can work together. Overkill is ok but I want to make sure the equipment can slow down and not overdue the pool on chemicals etc?

Thanks so much.

Hi,

I also have Hayward components for my pool. I have a prologic system to automate everything.

1. The SWG will only automate chlorine additions. You will still need to maintain the other chemicals. The SWG works off a percentage of the run time, so you set the % on the SWG in OmniLogic and then a timer for the pump. The SWG outputs a certain amount of chlorine. If you cut the % in half and double the runtime of pump, you will get same amount of chlorine.

You will need a valve actuator for each valve you want to control. You can get them on Amazon for about $100 each and install is pretty simple. I'm not sure about programming the omni logic. I have the aqua plus and it was very straight forward. If not a pool company will charge you between 150~200 for install and programming for each 1.

If you’re wanting to control the waterfall separate from your pool, I’d suggest getting a separate pump for just that feature. A single speed or two speed should suffice. That’s how my equipment is setup for my Omnilogic, so my sheer decents and bubblers are on the smaller pump with the pool on the VS pump.

17.7k gal, 98 ft perimeter, IG quartz, 3HP EcoStar VSP, 1.5HP TriStar Dual Speed, 725 sq ft SwimClear Cartridge, Rainbow chlorinator, Paramount clear O3, Pro Logic controller, 500k BTU heater, AquaVac 500, Spillover Spa, 3 sheer waterfalls, 3 bubblers.

So my pool dealer came back with what they spec'd.

My list:
Hayward OmniLogic (Do I need to add relay boards etc? I will pull Ethernet to it instead of wifi)
Tristar VS 900 230v
Universal H-Series Natural Gas 400,000 BTU Low NOx
ProGrid DE 60 Filter (Do I need a Progrid separation tank?)
T15 Turbo Cell SWG
Sacrificial Rod/Anode
UCL Pool Color Network

What they quoted

Hayward OmniLogic w/relay board. (They really want me to use this new pump with a built in automation system but it doesn't talk to a SWG)
Superpump VS700 Omni VS PUMP (This pump has a controller like omni in it but it wont talk to a SWG so it would be replaced with something they are coming up with)
Universal H-Series Natural Gas 400,000 BTU Low NOx (they are trying to talk me into a 250k btu to save me $500 but I still lean towards bigger is better.)
Hayward s244T filter (doesn't seem as good as the ProGrid DE 60? and has 1.5" plumbing but the pool is being plumbed with 2". Is this a poorer choice?)
Turbo Cell 15
Pal Commander receiver/light/transformer? (doesn't seem to integrate with omni but i'm not sure?)

Anybody got any thoughts or should I go with what I spec'd?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.