New Easy Touch Remote or ScreenLogic install?

Steve 814

May 19, 2020
Plano, TX
Hi all,

This forum is a great idea. I bought a house with what appears to be an original Easy Touch system - it does not specify 4 or 8 anywhere. The wireless remote model is 520546-520547. The wireless remote has died. I have checked batteries, replaced batteries, checked connections, etc. No power whatsoever. It's dead. My very strong preference is to perform basic pool function control via app (i.e., ScreenLogic) but I don't know if Screenlogic is compatible with the older Easy Touch system, or whether there is an adaption kit? If not, I'll need to buy a new remote I guess. I'm just not thrilled with the range on the RF remote or its user friendliness.

Does anyone know if I can install ScreenLogic (or something similar) to an original Easy Touch system to use smart phone control? If so, what exactly do I need to buy?

Thank you!

Steve

Steve,

You need ScreenLogic2 P/N 522104.

This give you everything you need to connect to your EasyTouch old or new..

If you have an ET-4 you will only have 4 relays.. An ET-8 has 8 relays.

You will be able to control things with your PC, Phone or tablet..

Here are a couple of pics to wet your whistle...

View media item 1964

Thanks,

Jim R.

I just installed one. 20 minutes. Give or take. I love it. Can fine tune adjustments from my phone like pump flow and Intellichlor adjustments. Can switch on/off solar and activate waterfall, lights. etc. As long as your load center is programmed correctly everything automatically appears on the app. Did I say I Love it!

Soooo I finally got around to ordering and installing this. Installation wasn't difficult, but it isn't working . . . I'm not sure if my modem is too far away from the antenna or if I am missing a basic step somewhere. Everything powers on but when I open the app it's in a constant "Searching for System Controller" mode and never connects. Any suggestions??

There have been threads concerning spacing the Screenlogic receiver and the router. Physical spacing. If they are too close there can be interference.

Steve,

Not sure what to say.. I plugged mine and it just worked..

When bring up ScreenLogic, does it auto-populate the adapters name??

It should have the name at the top and the IP address in the box at the bottom.. I think you need to enter it the first time..

The name is something like Pentair: (space) FC-XX-XX.. It should be listed on the adapter.

View media item 1965
Thanks,

Jim R.

I have not tried logging in from computer, only the app. I will try computer and see if that does anything. My antenna at the pool equipment is a considerable distance from my home router. I am curious if that is the problem. And, if so, if a wifi extender would resolve the issue or if this just isn't going to work for me.

Steve

If it is too far that can be a problem. I think the manual says 100 -150 feet max? Plus if you have walls or other obstacles. My antenna is about 75' from the house. Slightly down a hill with no true line of sight and it works. Signal has to go through one wall with a window.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Steve,

The wireless link is not WiFi...

Can you move the inside transceiver and protocol adapter closer to the equipment pad??

Is it possible to run a cable from the EasyTouch to the house??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.