New Easy Touch Remote or ScreenLogic install?

Steve 814

May 19, 2020
Plano, TX
Hi all,

This forum is a great idea. I bought a house with what appears to be an original Easy Touch system - it does not specify 4 or 8 anywhere. The wireless remote model is 520546-520547. The wireless remote has died. I have checked batteries, replaced batteries, checked connections, etc. No power whatsoever. It's dead. My very strong preference is to perform basic pool function control via app (i.e., ScreenLogic) but I don't know if Screenlogic is compatible with the older Easy Touch system, or whether there is an adaption kit? If not, I'll need to buy a new remote I guess. I'm just not thrilled with the range on the RF remote or its user friendliness.

Does anyone know if I can install ScreenLogic (or something similar) to an original Easy Touch system to use smart phone control? If so, what exactly do I need to buy?

Thank you!

Steve

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Steve,

You need ScreenLogic2 P/N 522104.

This give you everything you need to connect to your EasyTouch old or new..

If you have an ET-4 you will only have 4 relays.. An ET-8 has 8 relays.

You will be able to control things with your PC, Phone or tablet..

Here are a couple of pics to wet your whistle...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Desert Dog

Apr 4, 2020
Alpine, Ca
I just installed one. 20 minutes. Give or take. I love it. Can fine tune adjustments from my phone like pump flow and Intellichlor adjustments. Can switch on/off solar and activate waterfall, lights. etc. As long as your load center is programmed correctly everything automatically appears on the app. Did I say I Love it!

Steve 814

May 19, 2020
Plano, TX
Soooo I finally got around to ordering and installing this. Installation wasn't difficult, but it isn't working . . . I'm not sure if my modem is too far away from the antenna or if I am missing a basic step somewhere. Everything powers on but when I open the app it's in a constant "Searching for System Controller" mode and never connects. Any suggestions??