New Easy Touch Owner - Can't control lights

Jun 6, 2013
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
I'm the owner of a new in-ground pool and spa with a Pentair Easy Touch control system. This is not my first pool but my first with an automation system. Having some trouble with controlling the lights and my installer has not been very helpful (I had to correctly wire the wireless link antenna because he couldn't figure out why it was not connecting!) I've attached some photos with the set up on the Easy Touch panel and what I see in the Screen Logic app. I can control the one spa light and the one pool light from the panel. I can turn them on and off but the spa light (photo attached) is in a color changing mode that I can't figure out how to get out of. I am able to set a color for the main pool light. Also, I cannot do anything other than turn the lights on and off in the app but that is only by turning their respective Aux circuits on and off. None of the options in the Lighting app menu are active and all I have is a blank when I select "Turn Lights On/Off" in the app (more photos attached). Looking for some help with how I can get the lights connected properly to the app and to confirm if they are connected properly at the panel. Each light has a separate circuit but when I got into the Lights menu on the panel I only get one set of options. I expected to be able to make selections for each light but maybe that is incorrect.IMG_3863.jpgIMG_3864.jpgIMG_3865.jpgIMG_3866.jpgIMG_3867.PNGIMG_3868.PNGIMG_3869.PNG

What model LED lights do you have?

You need to have the correct Circuit Function for the type of LED light for it to do its color changing magic.

I think when you get the circuit function setup for the light you have it will operate correctly.

1703180969142.png

Last edited:
Reactions: bradgray
@ajw22, @Jimrahbe:

Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to make significant progress. Assigned correct functions and names to the circuits at the panel. Pool Light and Spa Light now appear in the Lighting menu in the app under "Turn Lights on and Off" and I can turn them on and off from there. I also now have an expanded menu under the Lighting tab (see attached photo). Tried some of the options wight the lights on (chose a color - green or red) and pressed on save and there was no change. Also tried one of the 6 lighting options (Party, Romance, etc.) and those did not seem to make a difference. Also, still cannot figure out how to stop my spa light from rotating through all of its colors. What am I still missing?

You shared one photo of a light. It appears to be the Pentair IB Spa. Can you send us a photo of your pool light?

Also try this: when you turn your pool light on and off manually at the panel, is it always the same color?