New DIY Inground pool build - Arkansas (Picture Heavy) - Outdoor Kitchen Complete!!!

been a bit
Welcome home!!! It has been a bit for sure!
I found myself doing a lot of floating with a drink in my hand last summer.
SWEET!!!! That is what it is all about!
wrapping my columns in stacked stone.
LOVE them!!! You did a great job!
Ran the conduit and pulled the wire 2 years ago....glad it worked.
Now those lights are something else! How did you mount them? That are the purrfect light for there!

Now go float some more!

WOW, super nice build! I just got done with my outdoor shower tile in the 110 AZ heat! I do not want to post pictures and highjack your thread. I an still looking into the chiller but have not pulled the trigger yet. I have a ton of questions on the plumbing.... It looks like it is not a closed system? So do you need suction on the return side to make it operate correctly? I was going to go into my heater circuit and loop the chiller in, but I am not sure if I would have the suction or it would dead head it back into the pressure side? I looked at your pictures and the installation manual but still perplexed..

Reactions: duckcmmndr
WOW, super nice build! I just got done with my outdoor shower tile in the 110 AZ heat! I do not want to post pictures and highjack your thread. I an still looking into the chiller but have not pulled the trigger yet. I have a ton of questions on the plumbing.... It looks like it is not a closed system? So do you need suction on the return side to make it operate correctly? I was going to go into my heater circuit and loop the chiller in, but I am not sure if I would have the suction or it would dead head it back into the pressure side? I looked at your pictures and the installation manual but still perplexed..
Thanks...the heat hear has been brutal this week and I have been in the sun working every afternoon.

Mine is plumbed like a closed system. I had plenty of return lines and they were all home runs to the pump pad. So I took one of those and cut it and fed the supply to the chiller and then the chilled water goes back into the pool on the return line that I cut to feed the chiller. So I just "sacrificed" one of my returns to function as a dedicated chiller (supply/return). The chiller has it's own pump that sends the chilled water from the basin back to the pool, the biggest issue is making sure you have enough pump pressure to spin the spray wand at the proper rate in the chiller. It's your pool pump doing this part. Their diagram for "Standard Installation Existing Pool Set-up" is the one you will most likely need to follow. If you have more questions, feel free to message me directly and I will help in any way I can.

Well it's been awhile since I have updated this thread. I hesitate to use the word "finished" because I still have things I want to do, but as far as my initial goals when I started this project...the outdoor kitchen was the last thing on the punch list.

I will say it was a challenge, because the only set of plans was in my head. I had no measurements to go off of. I just started building and winging it as I went. Construction was pretty straight forward except for the fact that the concrete slab it's sitting on falls away from the building at a slope of 1/4" per foot. At any rate, it was built so that it is level. I built in plenty of storage and so far it is proving to be a very functional space. I have room for 8 bar chairs that are ordered (polywood). I am glad this last piece is finally done. I think I will just try to relax and enjoy what's left of the summer.

20220719_200544.jpg

20220719_200006.jpg

20220719_200317.jpg

20220719_200127.jpg

20220719_200413.jpg

20220719_200223.jpg

20220719_200253.jpg

20220719_214639.jpg

I just clicked on this thread and read the spellbinding story! Thanks so much for posting the journey. Everything looks like it turned out how you wanted! I love your pool house. The outdoor area is one of the best I’ve seen.

Do you think you’ll build something around the outdoor shower? Looks good as it is too.

I just clicked on this thread and read the spellbinding story! Thanks so much for posting the journey. Everything looks like it turned out how you wanted! I love your pool house. The outdoor area is one of the best I’ve seen.

Do you think you’ll build something around the outdoor shower? Looks good as it is too.
Thanks for the kind words. It was a lot of hard work, but worth it in every way.

I live out in the country. My nearest neighbor is about a mile away. I live out of site of the main highway and have a good deal of privacy so using the shower if you wanted to strip all the way down would not be a big deal...that said I have considered adding a curtain or something that would fold flat against the wall. The outdoor shower is in located on a sidewalk that goes to the back door of the pool house, so I can't block it with a permanent structure.

I mainly use it to wash off if I am working in the yard and get dirty or to wash our dogs or to simply clean off my feet/shoes if they are dirty. I plumbed the outdoor shower and the outdoor sink and ice maker on the same set of hot/cold supply lines. These lines have shutoff and blow out valves in the attic. So when winter rolls around I can turn off the water to the outdoor plumbing and use an air compressor to blow all the water out of the lines going to the shower, sink, and ice maker.

Reactions: kul
The outdoor shower is in located on a sidewalk that goes to the back door of the pool house, so I can't block it with a permanent structure.
What about a saloon door (shutters/etc) on either side that can swing out off the pool house when need be ?

Reactions: kul and duckcmmndr

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In that case, I'd go with one section of fence/barrier in the grass for the back wall, and 2 swingy doors to enclose it if the need arises.
That is actually a fantastic idea. I like it. I was thinking of something that folded off of the walls, but I like the idea of this better.

Reactions: Newdude and kul
I did set it up as a feature in omnilogic. As for their recommendation of setting the valves...I set my "control valves", aka - the regular plumbing store PVC ones, wide open and use the pump speed to control my spray head rotation speed. I saved my running settings as a Theme in Omnilogic app. So I can choose that theme and it will ramp up the pump and turn on the chiller...makes it pretty easy. You can schedule themes on a schedule as well which is nice!
What RPM did you end up setting the VSP? I realize it will be different based on my setup, but wanted a reference point. My pool finished about a month ago, but I haven't been able to use the Glacier Chiller yet.

What RPM did you end up setting the VSP? I realize it will be different based on my setup, but wanted a reference point. My pool finished about a month ago, but I haven't been able to use the Glacier Chiller yet.
You are correct...plumbing, pump size, filter type will all have a bearing on the RPM you need to run. Mine ramps up to 2,500 from it's normal 1,750 that it runs during the daylight hours.

I'm not sure my PB installed it correctly. Just waiting to find out. It shares a return back to the pool. I had them add a valve on the inlet side. They put a check valve on the outlet side. Still needs an automated valve to switch over to the chiller (circle in picture).

Attachments

• Chiller install.jpg
    Chiller install.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 17
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.