New Coronavirus Stay-At-Home Cheapskate in Iowa

NatureNick

May 28, 2020
Sweetland Center, IA
Greetings! No budget or space for real pools, and I am DONE buying my kid throw-away inflatables. So, I bought a nice light blue Agrimaster 300 gallon oval stock tank at the local Farm & Fleet to put on the patio for cooling off since local municipal pools aren't opening this summer. Good enough for a 10 year old & one or two younger neighbor kids to splash in on a hot day, then can serve on a friend's cattle farm once we're done with it. Planning to limp through with a $50 Intex 1,000 gph filter pump, but don't know what I need to do to keep algae & other issues at bay so hoping this forum has advice that'll help me keep the water safe & clean for kids, even though it's just a tiny thing compared to what most of you probably have. Still has to be a healthy place to cool off, regardless of size.

• Love
Reactions: Leebo
Welcome to the forum!

You may want to consider following Seasonal Pools

Thank you, Marty! I have a few days before the pump & drain fittings (which I plan to install before filling) arrive, so I will spend a few hours on this site's Pool School and TFP-TV sections, as well as browse & search forums/threads for relevant advice. I appreciate your welcome and the link, which is where I'll start!

Best regards,
Nick