New contract / New build - SE Pennsylvania, Gunite free form pool and spa

That is really all coming together! LOVE, love, love that waterfall!!! I can't wait to see it with the river rock!! That will be the finishing touch for sure!!

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim. It definitely needs some additional plantings to soften things up to make it a bit more natural IMO. It will probably help with the river rock around it as well - maybe we could add some beach pebbles in/around it as well? The wife isn't thrilled with all the flat edges so we will have to do something to break it up/round it out a bit.

Wow that's been quite the build,, just read about all your "struggles". Its looking great now and so many nice touches that you have added..

Thanks! It's certainly been a "journey" this year. Earlier this year I NEVER would have imagined we'd be working on the pool the same day we're putting up Christmas lights, LOL.

We did manage to get most of the day in on Friday working on some of the river rock - it's about 1/2 done, here's a preview. Of course this was followed by 2 days of rain, lol. Hoping to get back to business tomorrow.

20181124_155733591_iOS.jpg

What? Christmas lights look good reflecting off of the pool water :roll:

Those rocks are really finishing it off good! Nice job!

Kim;kim:

Thanks Kim - looks like the crew wrapped up the rest of the rocks and did some cleanup today. Will try to get some good pictures this weekend with the drone and my camera. Still have a bit of a punch list for the landscape crew before they are "done" but it's mainly things like addressing drainage, cleaning up and adding lights in the waterfall, grading around the fence, coping cuts, etc.

Did some leaf cleanup this weekend and took some pictures - still waiting on some "punchlist" items from the landscape crew but mostly done for 2018. :)

Of note, soon: Waterfall cleanup/adding some additional rocks/chiseling, waterfall lighting, additional patio drains, pressure wash, coping cuts, etc.

994Ivf3.jpg

zIcRV19.jpg

wLo7pSV.jpg

cPKzIj6.jpg

3pHpEhV.jpg

OCBHHJc.jpg

pw8xMtQ.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
wow! Look how much less grass you'll have to cut come spring!

Haha - this is true. Honestly we are considering cutting the lawn service we currently have and picking up a mower for ourselves. The mower would almost pay for itself in the first year alone!

OH SO pretty!!! I am in love with your pool and area! Well done!

Thanks Kim! We're happy to get a lot of this out of the way for this year. Hopefully we can wrap up the loose ends in the remaining few weeks and have only plaster for the spring. :)

I like the rock waterfall. Some of the PBs I looked at had a portfolio that looked like a bad child art project. It was an ugly combination of mortar and small rocks mashed together like a bad lego set.

Yours came out very nicely

while it's all impressive-the hardscape is quite impressive!

Thanks! We especially love the way the patio/decking and steps came out. :)

I will tell you I LOVE hopping off my mower and jumping into the pool to cool off! I do it quite often with 6.5 acres to mow LOL

That is a good point Kim - that makes mowing/yard work sound a lot more appealing during the summer. :) 6.5 acres wow!!

I like the rock waterfall. Some of the PBs I looked at had a portfolio that looked like a bad child art project. It was an ugly combination of mortar and small rocks mashed together like a bad lego set.

Yours came out very nicely

Thanks - we still have some tweaking to do like adding some pebbles, chiseling the sides/guides, adding some additional plantings in the spring, etc to clean it up but overall happy with the design. It will be really nice to see the water flow through it when the pool is filled. :)

Some small updates, hardscaping crew came back to do some cleanup/punch list items:

-French drain added by retaining wall to help with water runoff
-Coping cuts made around waterfall, but still need grouting
-Waterfall lights added, hookup to transformer
-Added some small rocks in/around waterfall (more to come)
-Site cleanup and scrub paver area

20181219_114903639_iOS.jpg

20181217_220549550_iOS.jpg20181217_220324442_iOS.jpg

Next up: Adding (temp) handrail for stairs, grouting of coping area by WF, add rocks to WF, install additional lighting on sides (exterior) of WF

All of those wonderful lights! That all looks so pretty! One day you will place the last stone! Then you will not know what to do with all of your free time LOL

Thanks Kim! In all honestly I'll probably be tinkering with something until the day we move out, haha. Already thinking about the pavilion and outdoor kitchen which could take a couple of years to pull off fully. Add to the list a roof for under the deck, pavers under the deck, outdoor shower/changing area....the list goes on

looks good man! i like the waterfall lighting a lot.

lighting is my winter project to figure out what i want to do around the pool house landscaping and pool.

Thanks man! There is always something to plan, that's what makes the winter tolerable, haha :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.