New construction in Northern CA

Question:

My PB didn't build the deep end loveseat i requested, when i called today they said that they will not charge me for that.
I am upset because this is a pool functionality i will be missing, and they say they can't add it now after that the Gunite is already been done.

Is there something i can do?

Question:

My PB didn't build the deep end loveseat i requested, when i called today they said that they will not charge me for that.
I am upset because this is a pool functionality i will be missing, and they say they can't add it now after that the Gunite is already been done.

That stinks! I would say it's in the contract and ask that they figure it out. Explain that it was one of the functional features you wanted most and not about the money.

I hope someone else will reply soon.

Question:

I have seen many replaster builds here, where people have added benches and walls and even sun decks to existing gunite pools. So, when your PB says he cannot do it, what he really means is that he cannot do it without eating into his margins due to the additional cost. PB has to eat the cost because it is his mistake and also provide warranty. I would put my foot down and make sure that it is done at no extra cost with full warranty.

I have seen many replaster builds here, where people have added benches and walls and even sun decks to existing gunite pools. So, when your PB says he cannot do it, what he really means is that he cannot do it without eating into his margins due to the additional cost. PB has to eat the cost because it is his mistake and also provide warranty. I would put my foot down and make sure that it is done at no extra cost with full warranty.

Yep what he said! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kim:cat:

I fully agree with Phil. How well was this feature documented in your contract and drawings? I don't see it on either but those may have been preliminary. The better the written agreement the easier the outcome of suspect.

I fully agree with Phil. How well was this feature documented in your contract and drawings? I don't see it on either but those may have been preliminary. The better the written agreement the easier the outcome of suspect.
Lol...yes. It's easier to put put your foot down once it has been documented in contract and drawings. Even emails serve as proof of intent. Does not need to be a signed document - in my opinion.

Bigger companies have insurance coverage for such errors and omissions - so I'm not going to feel bad for the PB. It is a cost of doing business with low attention to detail.

It is documented in the spec sheet (attached in my first post) and in the contract, i got charged for it.
It is not in the drawing, i agree so what does it mean? just get the refund and move on?

Now i wonder what else they charge me for but didn't/won't deliver.

If you read through the first page of this thread you will see many things they are charging you for that should be included in the cost of the pool being built as they are must have and a part of building a pool.

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I ask about it and they said that they give me the option to decline some features but if the feature is mandatory and it is part of building the pool they give me the option of going off contract and do it by myself, as long as it is done up to code and pass inspection.

If you go with a pressure side cleaner, there are plenty that don't need a booster pump which can be very expensive to run in CA.

Second, given our water restrictions that are not likely to go away anytime soon, have you considered an automatic pool cover? Would save a big hassle using the bubble type which have become mandatory in many cities. Might be too late though for this.

I'm so sorry about love seat. That must be a big disappointment, but you seem to be handling it well. Maybe the PB will compensate in other ways like extra bling in the plaster (I don't know what you're getting for a finish).

I LOVE your tile! I really considered something like that when I was first searching for ideas. I really enjoy the strong feel of those dark blues against the white! They will be an eye catcher with the water in!

I'm so sorry about love seat. That must be a big disappointment, but you seem to be handling it well. Maybe the PB will compensate in other ways like extra bling in the plaster (I don't know what you're getting for a finish).

I LOVE your tile! I really considered something like that when I was first searching for ideas. I really enjoy the strong feel of those dark blues against the white! They will be an eye catcher with the water in!

Thank you, we are going with a very nice dark blue pebble finish, i've seen it in the PB demo pool they have a demo pool which the floor constructed with 10 different finishes side by side so you can feel it under water and see the different colors and feel the texture, it was an easy pick for us and it is going to be amazing :)

If you go with a pressure side cleaner, there are plenty that don't need a booster pump which can be very expensive to run in CA.
Assuming that the ones without a booster pump don't clean very good i think (and like the others suggested in the beginning) i should have taken the robotic approach.

Second, given our water restrictions that are not likely to go away anytime soon, have you considered an automatic pool cover? Would save a big hassle using the bubble type which have become mandatory in many cities. Might be too late though for this.

The PB actually told me not to do it, they say that from their experience the auto cover always break and it is very expensive to fix so they will only give me manufacturer warranty for the first year and some partially extended warranty for the next 3, honestly to save the 13k$ i will take off and on a solar cover by myself everyday for the rest of my days...

In order to also do my best to conserve water i am installing artificial turf around the pool and i've killed the grass at my front yard completely so the only water my house will consume is the pool which will have a solar cover on while not in use.

Assuming that the ones without a booster pump don't clean very good i think (and like the others suggested in the beginning) i should have taken the robotic approach.
Many on the forum have booster less pressure side cleaners and they seem to work very well. Especially ThePoolCleaner.

Decking: artificial turf {the composite deck was already there, we have that deck again on the other side of the yard}

IMG_5608.jpg

IMG_5609.jpg

IMG_5610.jpg

As you can see we left the right side of the pool 'empty', we don't really know what to do, on one hand the simple thing is to continue the turf but we would like some plants over there or maybe high trees to help with privacy (i don't like the tree(s) idea cause it will mess up the pool) , what would you do on that side?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.