New construction in Houston, Tx ** Trying to complete punch list**

In relation filter pressure, what is the suggested RPM that we should be checking the pressure at with a VS pump?

Shouldn't matter, just make sure you check it at the same speed each time. I set mine @ 3200RPM, which is where my IFCS runs. But I also have to make sure to note if the IFCS is on or bypassed, because it adds about 5-6 psi drop when the IFCS is engaged.

--Jeff

Reactions: spd500
Here are the water tests from the pool store, he suggested that I wait to see what the builder wants to do with it so I forwarded the test to him. Also, here is the test kit that was provided with the pool, but I know I need more than this. Is it better to buy a whole new kit with everything or can I just fill in the holes for what I will need to keep up a saltwater system?

Buy the TF-100 test kit. Get the XL option for Chlorine testing as you use that daily initially. It does not appear the reagents are Taylor from your "gift" test kit from the PB. So you can just toss it or use it as a backup to test TA and pH as it does not show to test CH or CYA and only uses drops to test FC which is only good if under 5ppm. Having a good test kit and using it consistently is key to good test results.

With 4 large dogs that love the pool we need a lot of towels! I saw a cool idea on Facebook where someone did something like this with the bottom half of a 5 gallon bucket, but it was a bit too redneck for us. I had the planter in the garage, the post was left over from making gates for the pool build, and the PVC pipe was extra from sprinkler repairs. I added a piece of fountain tube to the bottom drain and so the planter can still drain and function as a regular planter. All I had to buy for this was the light on top, a bag of concrete, and the red paint, so it ended up being about a $30 project and we have a nice movable towel rack with a solar light. My wife will pick flowers to plant in it and it should be decent looking.

Attachments

• 20201107_092009_copy_2268x3024.jpg
    20201107_092009_copy_2268x3024.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 20201106_164828_copy_2268x3024.jpg
    20201106_164828_copy_2268x3024.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: Whiskeyfox

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Since my builder seems completely inept and installed wall returns on my spa jets I went ahead and ordered 6 of these for our spa. I am not sure that these will be the greatest, and they offer a few different types, but it has to be better than the 3/4" eyeball returns that are there now. I watched a YouTube video and they seem to dissipate the air around and should massage fairly well. The eyeball returns don't dissipate the water at all and there are so many huge bubbles it floods the yard behind the spa.

1605133952844.png

Reactions: kimkats
I have ones similar to that. They seem to work fairly well. The rotating head does provide a little massaging action, even without the air blower on.

--Jeff

So do those just screw on? That may be something to think about down the road. Post a review on them.
These screw directly into the 1.5" threaded connectors in the spa. Since you are still in the planning stages of your pool you likely have a lot more options available for upgraded jets if you know to plan for it before plumbing and gunite. I personally had no real preference toward the "fancy" jet arrays or anything like that, but I had no idea that the builder would just put wall returns in where there needs to be some form of a jet for the spa to function correctly.

Reactions: Nikilyn
The towel rack is a great idea! You could put it on a garbage can dolly instead of lugging it around. That really is smart and it also serves as a screen for privacy. Too often towels are draped all over the place or in piles on the deck.

Herbie is happy! Humming away! I bet you're glad he's out and about )

Hmm....all I have are the regular 3/4" holes too in each of the spa jets. I don't have any problems with them but it does seem very basic compared to what you linked...
We used the new ones last night for the first time and there is a night and day difference. These jets do a much better job at dispersing the air bubbles and produce better water jets than the big ones.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.