New Build - Tucson, AZ

Heard from the electric co that they had actually scheduled the install for last week, but the gas company had pulled the same permit to work in the right of way-- and the gas crews get there earlier so there was no place for the electric crews to maneuver a pole. I did appreciate them reaching out and it looks like the gas crews might be done this week. It's always something :p

Pile of equipment showed up today though.

lq7PF9c.jpg

Day 226 Update.

The vault that my underground feeder will connect to is inspected and ready for power company connection, hopefully within the week

meanwhile, all the pad electric is mostly done-- I didn't realize how much of it there'd be

LmaeOZO.jpg

C7Asc6V.jpg

42q3pye.jpg

The electrician is an artist.

I think he attached one . . . :)

Yeah, I was referring to the conduit work-- each one of those verticals was heat bent to contour around the foundation, then he used a level while they dried to make sure they were all perfectly parallel.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For some reason the pics did not show up the first time I pulled up the page. I sure see them now and they look awesome! WOW!

Brian....girl question.....junction boxes backwards? Which ones are the j boxes? and what happens if they are backwards?

Kim:kim:

Can you elaborate? Other than aesthetics of the brand on top, I don't see how they can be backwards-- wall mounting is entirely optional according to the install documentation. If it were freestanding next to the pad there really wouldn't be a 'forward'.

Or are you referring to how they are wired left to right or internally?

The two black rectangles that are at different heights are Intermatic Junction boxes.

If they are backwards stray voltage will cause an overcurrent to short out the equipotential bond grid.

I fell for that - hook, line, and sinker! Stray voltage - that's scary stuff to me! I've been so worried for this guy, hoping he gets it fixed before the stray voltage gets him!!!

I'm surprised Kim isn't sending you to the corner! Can't decide which emoji to use, so I'll use both. :laughblue: :hammer:

There's something missing in this photo!
gOKZtJQ.jpg

(it's the overhead power line)

Also the posts for the shade sail over the pool went up after a minor setback. They hit some pool electrical with the auger when digging for the posts, so that had to be repaired. Luckily it wasn't one of the conduits that gets flooded so no worries about a leak.

In theory, wall in the next week or so, then plaster and fill mid July. Probably the worst time, but I'm sure they know what they're doing to mitigate the faster drying in likely 100 degree heat.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.