New Build TN

Apr 14, 2016
Clarksville TN
I've ordered a pool kit from Pool Warehouse and found a pool installer that is just installing the pool, cutting the dirt for the patio, back fill and dirt haul off. I will be contracting out the electrical, concrete and brick sitting/slight retaining wall. Here is a layout and a couple of mock ups I did on Sketchup. The pool will be a vinyl liner 16'x32' 48" steel wall 8' deep with liner over steel steps on shallow and and a liner over steel bench in the deep end. It will have two 24" sheer or rain falls in the deep end either side of the bench. I ordered the kit with the following Dark Blue Diamond 30 mil no border, flex flat gray coping, 2 gray skimmers, 7 gray returns (three for niche-less lights) and gray main drains. I removed the equipment and will be sourcing it local or via the internet. A little info about my backyard, no trees close, sloped lot towards the house on a golf course even with the senior tee box about 60 foot from my fence, the pump and filter will be between 30" -36" inches below the water line.
The equipment i'm going to go with will be Pentair, I'm looking at the following Easytouch 4, IC40, Pentair intelliflo i1 (011059), Clean and Clear Plus 320, Screen Logic 2, 1 actuator and 3 SR Smith Kelo or Treo Lights (not sure which yet).
I haven't ordered the equipment if anyone sees any problems or easier way I'm all ears. Not sure if I need the SR Smith power supply or if I can just power them off the Easytouch low voltage. I would like input on my choice of returns locations, I'm trying for a clockwise rotation with the bottom right skimmer being the main one due to wind direction (skimmer locations are set).
IMG_0220.jpgIMG_0219.jpgpoollayout.jpg

Reactions: Apsuhead
Wow, that is going to be a nice setup. I love the sketch. We are waiting on a fiberglass install this November in Clarksville. Good luck!

Last edited:
I've ordered a pool kit from Pool Warehouse and found a pool installer that is just installing the pool, cutting the dirt for the patio, back fill and dirt haul off. I will be contracting out the electrical, concrete and brick sitting/slight retaining wall. Here is a layout and a couple of mock ups I did on Sketchup. The pool will be a vinyl liner 16'x32' 48" steel wall 8' deep with liner over steel steps on shallow and and a liner over steel bench in the deep end. It will have two 24" sheer or rain falls in the deep end either side of the bench. I ordered the kit with the following Dark Blue Diamond 30 mil no border, flex flat gray coping, 2 gray skimmers, 7 gray returns (three for niche-less lights) and gray main drains. I removed the equipment and will be sourcing it local or via the internet. A little info about my backyard, no trees close, sloped lot towards the house on a golf course even with the senior tee box about 60 foot from my fence, the pump and filter will be between 30" -36" inches below the water line.
The equipment i'm going to go with will be Pentair, I'm looking at the following Easytouch 4, IC40, Pentair intelliflo i1 (011059), Clean and Clear Plus 320, Screen Logic 2, 1 actuator and 3 SR Smith Kelo or Treo Lights (not sure which yet).
I haven't ordered the equipment if anyone sees any problems or easier way I'm all ears. Not sure if I need the SR Smith power supply or if I can just power them off the Easytouch low voltage. I would like input on my choice of returns locations, I'm trying for a clockwise rotation with the bottom right skimmer being the main one due to wind direction (skimmer locations are set).
View attachment 157637View attachment 157638View attachment 157639
View attachment 157637View attachment 157638View attachment 157639
the dig has started. Can anyone tell me if the return positions look OK? The skimmer locations are set, I’m going for clockwise rotation and each return is 2 inch home run. My equipment should be in this week. Easy touch 4, intelliflo I2 and clean and clear plus 320 along with three SRSmith Kelo lights with the dimmable power supply.
6DD5D6B8-DD3A-4C7B-9F8D-64D86E6FF3FD.jpeg

Reactions: Apsuhead
Agree ideally they should be home run. Though worst case if you only end up with one run, so long as they properly reduce the plumbing size along the run after each return, it can be made to have pretty equal flow. Or a looped return can equalize them also. But neither are your first choice.

That is not home run on the returns. Home run would be each return Having a separate line all the way back to a common manifold just after the SWG. In the scenario you pictured, the pipes should get smaller after each return goes off. Just ask them to confirm how they will ensure equal pressure at each return and see if they mention pipe size reduction.

Mike,

Why are you using half of an IntelliFlo? The i' version IntelliFlo is half of a real IntelliFlo. It just does not make sense to me.. :scratch:

I assume in your diagram above that all the valves are at the equipment pad.. And the only automated valve will be for the waterfall.. Is that true??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is not home run on the returns. Home run would be each return Having a separate line all the way back to a common manifold just after the SWG. In the scenario you pictured, the pipes should get smaller after each return goes off. Just ask them to confirm how they will ensure equal pressure at each return and see if they mention pipe size reduction.
I thought that is what the valve on each run back to a return is for to balance the flow. That is my drawing not theirs, they were going to do a loop for all four returns.

Mike,

Why are you using half of an IntelliFlo? The i' version IntelliFlo is half of a real IntelliFlo. It just does not make sense to me.. :scratch:

I assume in your diagram above that all the valves are at the equipment pad.. And the only automated valve will be for the waterfall.. Is that true??

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yes the only automated valve is for the waterfalls. I didn’t see a huge difference in the performance curves between the i2 and 011028. I probably could have gotten away with the i1 even with two 24 inch sheer waterfalls. My pipe runs are pretty short and I’m using 2 inch pipe and my equipment is actually about 2 foot below the waterline.

I thought that is what the valve on each run back to a return is for to balance the flow. That is my drawing not theirs, they were going to do a loop for all four returns.
My apologies. My review of your drawing was on my phone and I missed the valve on each line. That would accomplish even flow capability.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.