New Build So. Cal -running updates! start up finally 😃😃

Is that dirt as "soft" as it looks? Looks like they are having a hard time keep the dirt in place.

Those boxes could be for the skimmers. We shall see as you don't judge an "artists" work until it is called done LOL

• Haha
Reactions: S S
Is that dirt as "soft" as it looks? Looks like they are having a hard time keep the dirt in place.

Those boxes could be for the skimmers. We shall see as you don't judge an "artists" work until it is called done LOL
Its pretty rocky/clay like--not soft at all--but definitely dry as we are in So Cal and it is 100+ temps with very little humidity this week.
from the looks of it they have to make several passes at it and pile it up before trucking out.

Reactions: kimkats
Here is your first "job" as a pool owner-run out there with a tape measure and the plans. It is wide, deep, long, etc enough? Add about 8" for the steel, shell, and plaster. NOW is the time to fix or tweak as needed.

Kim:kim:

Here is your first "job" as a pool owner-run out there with a tape measure and the plans. It is wide, deep, long, etc enough? Add about 8" for the steel, shell, and plaster. NOW is the time to fix or tweak as needed.

Kim!! OMG I just went out and measured--AND its not deep enough :( I just called PB who is supposed to come out today--I suppose this means no steel tomorrow. So glad I followed your advice. I am super annoyed--I hope this isnt a sign of things to come. . . .

WHAT????? :shock: oh my!!!! We had one where they switched the ends of the pools! Deep end over here and shallow end with the shelf over there! They also caught it from taking the plans out there. It did take them a moment to figure out what was wrong as it was right in every other way.

WHAT????? :shock: oh my!!!! We had one where they switched the ends of the pools! Deep end over here and shallow end with the shelf over there! They also caught it from taking the plans out there. It did take them a moment to figure out what was wrong as it was right in every other way.
Kim--seriously you are a gift to everyone on this forum!--would our problem have been fixed? Yes, but it would have cost even more in time for us, and money for the PB-- PB confirmed with the digger --the diggers used the original plans (and PB admitted it is his fault for not updating)--we went from 3'6"-6ft to 4'-7' in depth-- Digger will need to come out again-and PB said he will be here all day when they do--downside is that digger is on another job so they wont come out until that is done . . .

So as you can see from the updates up top--re-bar started. I was talking to the plumber yesterday and he said there is another piece of equipment they can add to the system to lower the mineral content (we have very hard water)--also help with possible deposits on the black tile we chose--I forgot to ask what that was, and messaged PB to follow up--but anyone have any idea what this would be?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
First off you might want them to plump it so you can by-pass it if you want to just in case (never know what happens). We can help you balance your water no matter what that piece of equipment does. Do your best to find out what it is and we will "explore" what it does with you and figure out how best to use it OR not.

rebar is done and the bench underneath the waterfall/scupper wall looks too low— PB says they can build it up with the shot Crete- I assume that’s OK? anyone see any other issues?

Attachments

• 50DB19BE-B81C-4892-B010-06A91720F72B.jpeg
    50DB19BE-B81C-4892-B010-06A91720F72B.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 9E3107B0-712F-44A5-8743-1A47B072A6BE.jpeg
    9E3107B0-712F-44A5-8743-1A47B072A6BE.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 0E6CD81D-CA07-4780-B7C8-0976B91544F3.jpeg
    0E6CD81D-CA07-4780-B7C8-0976B91544F3.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 53
I don't see any thing from here but your being there with the plans and a tape measure are the best thing.

They CAN add extra gunite or such to raise up any areas.

Here are my ideas for you to get what you want where you want it. You are going to have to BEEN THERE when they do the shell. I would even have tape marking how high you want this and that to be. That way there is NO question what you want. Have a cooler full of cold water and Gatoraide out to sweeten the pot for them.

See if you can replicate the height it will be as is (add about 6" for the shell and plaster) and how you think you want it. Make sure to take in account the wall will also 6" or so further out than it is with just the steel. I am thinking some boards or bigger books to help you sit and get a feel for it.

To my knowledge, the only way to remove calcium from water in a residential setting is a water softener. At least for bulk volumes needed for pools and general household use.

more pics!! now off to water

Attachments

• 150948C1-8B57-4AE8-93A0-1BE9DACF8126.jpeg
    150948C1-8B57-4AE8-93A0-1BE9DACF8126.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 9EF0362F-BF38-40BF-A40A-00768F7F0D16.jpeg
    9EF0362F-BF38-40BF-A40A-00768F7F0D16.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 42
  • 8F2859D5-6F4C-4E7E-B590-3AF03992A56F.jpeg
    8F2859D5-6F4C-4E7E-B590-3AF03992A56F.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 9F2BC538-77D7-4C7E-9015-E21F754CA02A.jpeg
    9F2BC538-77D7-4C7E-9015-E21F754CA02A.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 38
SWEET!!! That looks great!

It is time for your set of links! The first set is all about what to do and ask about to get a great plaster job. The second set is all about how to care for your pool after you get the plaster.

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.