New build - pool quote

Watershow

Jun 10, 2020
Riverside County, CA
Hello!
I’m ready to sign a contract for my first inground pool here in so cal and wanted to know your opinion if this is a reasonable price. It will be for a 15x22 rectangular pool with square edge coping. Coping and decking will be broom finished concrete (forgive me if I’m not getting the terms right). Nothing fancy except for 3 water spillways. No heater. Chlorine pool (may get SWG later on). Jandy 2.7 Variable speed stealth pump and Jandy CL 460 Cartridge Filter. 1 skimmer. 900 sq ft of concrete decking. Excavation and removal of existing concrete and plantar wall. Total cost = 42k not including taxes. Other 2 quotes I received were in the 50k range without decking. I feel comfortable with this PB. Any input and questions to ask PB are welcomed! Thanks!

Seems like a very reasonable price. What kind of lights and depth profile? Maybe go to a quartz finish and check the price on salt finish concrete deck vs broom finish. What kind of cleaner?

Reactions: magic25
Hi Joe,
Depth is 3.5 - 6 ft and LED lights (will check on the brand). Also, what is the difference between a salt and broom finish? As for a cleaner, it doesn’t mention one. I assume I would have to purchase that on my own. I’ve thought about quartz but need to ask how much more it would be. I assume it would be close to pebble tec which is out of my price range. I’m debating whether or not we could spend that money on a pool heater as I’m afraid we may not be able to use the pool for very long by the time it’s finished. Thanks for your input!

Hi Joe,
Depth is 3.5 - 6 ft and LED lights (will check on the brand). Also, what is the difference between a salt and broom finish? As for a cleaner, it doesn’t mention one. I assume I would have to purchase that on my own. I’ve thought about quartz but need to ask how much more it would be. I assume it would be close to pebble tec which is out of my price range. I’m debating whether or not we could spend that money on a pool heater as I’m afraid we may not be able to use the pool for very long by the time it’s finished. Thanks for your input!
Salt finish is made by throwing rock salt on the concrete - it leaves holes that have an interesting pattern. Fot my builder it was the same price as broom finish.

Not bad but lose the dedicated cleaner line and get a robot. For a simple pool like that you could do without automation but might want to look at it. Might add another $3k though. I would have electrical capacity added for a future heater and maybe even plumb it so you can just add a heater when ready. You'd need 50-60 amps of power for the heater. It should not cost that much more to upsize your electrical line to handle that load. Also consider more returns. Especially deep returns (on the bottom of the pool) as this will help with any eventual heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.