New build plumbing locations advice needed

trev

Mar 1, 2017
Australia
Hi all,

I will soon be installing a new fiberglass pool and would like some advice regarding the skimmer/drain/return placement. The pool is approx 30x14 feet and 4-6 feet deep, 10k gallons.

The following image shows where I'm thinking of putting the drains, skimmer, and returns. The arrow in the image is the typical wind direction. I have read that it's a good idea to have the skimmer in the location that is typically downwind, but that would put it on the entry steps, which doesn't seem like a great idea. The pad will be about 24 feet away.

http://imgur.com/a/Kzliq

Do these locations seem okay? Is two returns sufficient? I'm planning four lines back to the pad (one for each return, skimmer, and one for the main drains). I'll be installing solar heating in case that's relevant.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

THANKS! Learn something new every day!

Okay so you want to know your yard and your prevailing winds. You are correct you do not want the skimmer on the steps or such. You seem to have read quite a bit. Do what works best with your area and keeping everyone safe. Do not want to read about someone being sucked into a skimmer :shock:

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.