New Build Northern California Spring 2020

Ok, the equipment arrived. Although I should be very excited.....I’m apprehensive about what has been ordered. We have two pumps? Maybe this is because we have a spa and a pool?
we have an intellicenter which was supposed to have the IC60 and the box clearly says IC40.
AND we have A ScreenLogics, which I though was not needed with the IntelliCenter?
Can someone take a look and tell me your thoughts please?
They are supposed to be here in the morning to start hooking things up 😬
879F719D-892E-424C-BB3B-C0DFD91C4135.jpeg
A9781CE2-807A-41DB-ACC8-5A8B3E836E4F.jpeg
399F5252-9B65-4747-A091-5935AC7ED305.jpeg
DA9ED68C-06D1-4867-8E3E-F1D372F22E83.jpeg
E9C4F474-F604-4666-B64F-09F31CBF30FC.jpeg

Phone them now, before close of business, about the IC40. You don't want them hooking up the wrong gear. And ask about the 2nd pump if you don't know why it's there. They can just take back the ScreenLogic.

Reactions: Slmcveigh72
I found a start up person for you!!!! or really people!!! TFP!!! I have a whole set of links to give you some ideas!!!

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

We also have several people who can/will walk you through getting the equipment going as well! AND we work for pictures!!!!

Do you have your test kit yet?? If not look down at my siggy for the link to the TF-100!

I found a start up person for you!!!! or really people!!! TFP!!! I have a whole set of links to give you some ideas!!!

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

We also have several people who can/will walk you through getting the equipment going as well! AND we work for pictures!!!!

Do you have your test kit yet?? If not look down at my siggy for the link to the TF-100!

I am excited to say that I DO have a TF-100 test kit. That was one of the things I ordered early on to make sure I had it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It is TOMORROW!!! Are they there yet???? LOL

Here is your job............call your water place and ask how they buffer the spray of water to keep it from becoming a fire hose on the new plaster. They should be able fan it out or arc it up so it spreads out the flow. Once you get a foot of so in the bottom it is not as important as the water will buffer it..........................have your well water? Please go ahead and do so and post it up here like this:

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
Don't bother testing for CYA as it has to be added.

Did I make you a shopping list?

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Slmcveigh72
They are here!!!! Plaster is finally underway. There was a point in this process that I wondered if it would ever happen, lol.
I will test our well water and see the results, great idea to get some practice.
I don’t see a shopping list, but if you are talking fancy margarita (plastic) glasses and pool floaties, I’ve got you covered, hehehe.

WHAT?? THEY SHOW UP???? OH YEAH!!! You are going to be swimming this weekend!!!

Shopping list for water balance:
PoolMath if you do not already have this app. If you are not into apps you can go down to the bottom of this page for the web based pool math

-2 2cup plastic measuring cups with the oz. listed on the side-one is ONLY for the muriatic acid and the other is for all others.
-1 white plastic plate to hold up behind the pH test tube.
-liquid chlorine-look around your area for the best price in your area. Some pool stores have it BUT that is the ONLY thing you will buy from them!!
-muriatic acid-look outside at Lowes by the pool stuff. It will come in a box with two bottles in it. Make sure to get the 31%
-powered CYA-some times it is called stabilizer. So long as it is say 100% Cya aka cyanuric acid

How about a pool brush and pool?

LOVE IT!!!! SO pretty!!!

Now when water is being put in the pool do NOT stop the flow of water! Even if you have to use your well in between trucks keep the water flowing. Stopping the water before it is full could cause a line in that pretty plaster :(

Start-up New Plaster - Trouble Free Pool I am sharing this link again to give you some guidelines on how to start up your new plaster. If you have any questions just pop them up here!

The plaster guys are done (yay), but they said we should have a fitting for the pool sweep. We didn‘t buy a sweep as we had decided to go with a robot. Is this hole ok to remain without a fitting over it, or should we see if we can purchase a fitting for it somewhere?
C9A9416E-C6D6-4A57-9E6D-836D1F2FF21E.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.