New build in western PA

Is your current pool a liner pool? Do you have any ground water issues right now?

I ask because I'm in Pittsburgh as well with a liner pool and we've had it float a few times. If you've had this it's worth installing a sump pump in the yard by the pool to catch groundwater.

A stand-alone spa is a good choice. Ours is next to our pool and right outside our back door. I use it year round, and with a heavy duty cover we've never had an issue keeping it warm.

We've never had a problem with ground water or floating liner that I'm aware of. However, in the quote for the new pool, there's a line item called 'emergency hydrostatic suction line'. This is a drain and line under the liner that can be activated to suck out any water under the pool. PB said he includes them in some of his liner pool builds, depending on the site. Ours will be sitting at the base of a slight grade so he included it, but said it's strictly CYA......Most likely will never be used but better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.