New Build in The Woodlands TX - Update: Landscaping!

I love the way your eye is drawn from the pool to the seating area. Whoever did the lighting did an excellent job. Enough light to find your way to the side patio. I love the way the area is an extension of the pool. The walls are great -

Reactions: pjt

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your tile and coping crew did a great job. I wish I could say the same for our build here in the Woodlands. I’d be interested to know who your builder is if you could PM me.

The decking looks great! I’ve been on the fence between travertine and cool deck. We decided on cool deck for a couple of reasons but I’m rethinking that now.

Do you have your plaster scheduled yet? What are going with? We still need long plumbing, electrical, and decking so a couple of steps behind you.

Good luck with the rest.

Your tile and coping crew did a great job. I wish I could say the same for our build here in the Woodlands. I’d be interested to know who your builder is if you could PM me.

The decking looks great! I’ve been on the fence between travertine and cool deck. We decided on cool deck for a couple of reasons but I’m rethinking that now.

Do you have your plaster scheduled yet? What are going with? We still need long plumbing, electrical, and decking so a couple of steps behind you.

Good luck with the rest.

We had a phenomenal tile & coping crew.

Deck looks good, but there are several defective pieces that should have been rejected by the crew, but now need to be removed and replaced. There are a few other pieces that need to be re-cut. That being said, I love the look of the travertine. If you can afford a little extra for the upgrade, I think it's worth it.

We don't have plaster scheduled yet, but I'm hoping for Friday or Monday. It will be Pebble Sheen Blue Surf.

We had a phenomenal tile & coping crew.

Deck looks good, but there are several defective pieces that should have been rejected by the crew, but now need to be removed and replaced. There are a few other pieces that need to be re-cut. That being said, I love the look of the travertine. If you can afford a little extra for the upgrade, I think it's worth it.

We don't have plaster scheduled yet, but I'm hoping for Friday or Monday. It will be Pebble Sheen Blue Surf.

We’re going with Blue Surf as well!

We only have about 500sqft of decking as we have a large ~600sqft existing patio that is stained concrete which doesn’t have enough room for an overlay unless the current concrete was ground down a inch or two.

I think it was about $5K to upgrade to travertine. But we’re already over budget considerably and my wife likes the feel of the cool deck. We’re also worried about it being slippery when wet. I doubt you know yet, but how does yours feel if wet?

@Robtown I agree with your wife about cool deck. It’s what we are going with. When we’ve been to friend’s with travertine I feel like I’m going to slip. I also think it’s hotter. I also don’t like pebble interiors and want quartz, so that is 2 checks for me in picking the cheaper options 😁.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.