New Build in Surprise, AZ!!

So the PB came out today and installed the door alarms and gate springs and we scheduled our final inspection for Monday. Unfortunately, we discussed the dreaded tile issue and I asked him how soon after inspection can we have plaster go in, and he said he didn't know because we have to figure out what we're going to do about the tile. Ugghhh!! This is just becoming a soap opera!! :scratch::sad:

Did he offer up any ideas? What are his thoughts on it? I wonder if he is saying that to get you to back off on asking for it to be fixed?? "If you accept the tile work we can plaster on ?? date" kind of thing :(

No, I don't think he's saying anything to get me to back off. I think he was being really sincere about trying to rectify the situation. He just said we were going to have to talk to the sub to see if there was something we could do to try and fix it. But I know we paid extra for the upgraded tile installation and we feel we didn't get it. When I was looking at the pictures I posted more closely, I noticed even more mistakes. I ended up telling my husband I think we might be better off if he fixed the tile himself. But if he has to fix their mistakes, I think we need to offset the remaining balance that we owe on the pool the day the plaster goes on.

Love your pool. Love the clean lines and modern aesthetic.

Im up in far north Peoria and have the same gray deck. I look forward to seeing your pool get completed. Sorry to hear about your tile. It seems almost impossible to go through the pool building process without a few issues. Sounds like you have a good PB who will try to make it right. :D

Finally!! After 2 failed inspections and a HUGE lack of communication, we finally had the interior installed and our pool is now filled. It's not fired up yet, but at least it's filled. Pb builder also remedied most of our tile concerns.

Attachments

• Resized_20170810_180133.jpg
    Resized_20170810_180133.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 184
  • 20170813_080511.jpg
    20170813_080511.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 186

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes KK... two failed inspections. It's been very frustrating... Communication was almost nonexistent from the PB and there was a lot of finger-pointing from PB to subs... Nevertheless, I AM SO HAPPY WE'RE ALMOST DONE!

Now I get to make some calls and get some estimates on our landscaping! WhooHoo!! Moving right along!

I love your color! What pebble did you use? We are wanting a lighter pool and have even considered using plain plaster but our pool builder is strongly discouraging that. We are tied to Stonescapes products...
Hi lar32, thank you! You're in luck, our interior is Stonescapes Aqua Blue minipebble. It's always hard to guess what the color is going to look like in your pool. But it's exactly what we were hoping for and we love the color. I think the only issue we're having right now is the acid wash result, but that's another post. Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.