New build in Spring, TX.

WHAT??????????? SWEET! :party:

When the water starts do NOT stop it for any reason!!! Fill pool first unless you can be right there to fill the spa but really not worth it unless it is going to take a couple of days and it is really hot.

Wow.......congrats on getting plastered today!!!! That is very exciting. If you haven’t already, contact Centerpointe gas about getting a 2lb. meter. They took forever with mine. You’ll want to use that spa. It’s so nice. I like the blue plaster. What’s the name of it?

Reactions: galowbraw
Wow.......congrats on getting plastered today!!!! That is very exciting. If you haven’t already, contact Centerpointe gas about getting a 2lb. meter. They took forever with mine. You’ll want to use that spa. It’s so nice. I like the blue plaster. What’s the name of it?
Thanks! We went with Tahoe from WetEdge.

Yeahhhhhh got in line last Wednesday and followed up again today. Getting the Jbrillo treatment so far. Lame but we won’t be running it for a while according to guidelines Kim has posted -_-

Thanks! We went with Tahoe from WetEdge.

Yeahhhhhh got in line last Wednesday and followed up again today. Getting the Jbrillo treatment so far. Lame but we won’t be running it for a while according to guidelines Kim has posted -_-

Aw man, sorry to hear you’re getting the Jbrillo treatment. Poolbella got hers super fast but I think it still took her about two weeks to get it. I waited 3-weeks and I finally got things in motion when my PB called them for me. If you don’t have a wall whale brush, get one. It’ll make brushing all that plaster a whole lot easier. My PB said they spoke with a supervisor so if you need to call them again, ask to speak to one.

Jan. 28th - Dig
Jan. 29th - Steel and plumbing "stub-out"
Jan. 30th - Gunite and “DONT TOUCH THE POOL KIDS!”
Jan. 31st - early clean up, you can touch it now, began digging and laying some pipe
Feb. 1st - Plumbing, gas lines, conduit
Feb. 3rd - Most boring Super Bowl ever, glad I was working.
Feb. 4th - 6th - Coping/Stone/Tile
Feb. 12th - 13th - Clean-up/Deck-Prep
Feb. 16th - Deck concrete poured
***Rain***
Feb. 25th - Plaster
Feb. @26th - Fill

He officially got our pool built in 30 days. The other PB we almost went with, that started on another pool down the street on same dig-day, finished two weeks ago. Both PB's have a few things left to do around the deck and what-not, but for the most part, I'd say we are near the ACTUAL finish line. IMO, he's not done until all of his services are complete, but dang he did get the pool filling with two days to spare.

They showed up yesterday to acid waRsh and clean the pebble finish. In Texas, you get an acid waRsh, not just a wash, at no extra charge. We went with WetEdge Tahoe with some shell thrown in. Really tried to push for some glass pebbles or larger pebbles for the spa and sun-shelf but PB wouldn't budge on including it. But we haven't brushed anything yet and we can already see some sparkle in the added seashell and it looks SWEET.

(1200-1330) - Spa finished in 1.5 hours and I clocked it right at 1,000 gallons. They were guessing around 600-700, I had no clue what to think, and there wasn't exactly a gallon figure in our design/contract...so we have a huge bath tub connected to our pool basically. We have a hard time keeping our 3-year-old keeping his clothes on when they get wet or dirty now, when he realizes we can heat the spa we may have another struggle.

We have pretty good water pressure and I've got two hoses on it. We did 667 gallons in 1.5 hours and that was with going through the water softening system. I bypassed that when we started on the pool. No particular reason. Just forgot we were flowing through it. So there is no telling how fast we are going now because I haven't checked meter since we swapped hoses to the pool, but it seems like its going pretty fast.

Color looks great and we haven't even gotten to brushing yet! Yesterday was pretty lame and overcast and raining so we are excited to see it in the sun although I'm expecting it to be a little cloudy. Any shade of water will beat the empty hole in the ground we had before!

PB is going to want to throw the polaris in there and let it run, but everywhere I've read it says NO WHEELED DEVICES! I'm going to let him test it out, then take it out as soon as he leaves.

Spa is filled, should I already be brushing it while pool is filling?!

Gas company has made contact back to me asking for money, so there is some progress for heat at some point @Jbrillo !

Had some dirt delivered yesterday to keep us busy and outside watching the pool. Four yards is a lot for one guy and a wheel barrow. Blaise was crying and beating down the door to come help. Whatever it takes to keep him out of the pool, and give mommy an easier time. Keeping him from flinging dirt off of his shovel and in to the pool isn't easy.

Will share more photos and updates later today/tonight from it finishing up today. Fingers crossed the pumps work and pipes are connected correctly...

IMG_7196.jpg

Attachments

• 57290341843__6DA722D0-B7C8-451C-BB20-7ED8832C7708.JPG
    57290341843__6DA722D0-B7C8-451C-BB20-7ED8832C7708.JPG
    596.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7199.jpg
    IMG_7199.jpg
    760.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_7201.jpg
    IMG_7201.jpg
    477.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_7204.jpg
    IMG_7204.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have found my new fav pic! That smile is so full of joy!!!

You are going to LOVE having the "little pool" for Blaise. You can heat it and let him wear his self out for a good nights sleep! Then you and Mom can enjoy it once he is down good!

Do you have the cleaner there yet? If so put it behind closed doors. Tell your PB you would really rather not use it yet. Admit you are a worry wort and just want to use a manual vacuum for now. Of course you will need to get one :roll: (here goes Kim spending your money again). I think every pool needs a manual vacuum for just in case you need to spot clean. You can buy a butterfly head (no wheels just bristles on the bottom) at Walmart or Lowes. The hose is pretty cheap as well.

Kim:kim:

After the big day yesterday of running around and the day being entirely about the pool finishing it's fill, I somehow only have pictures of the flower beds I'm working on, water meter and none really of the pool itself. Incredible.

Wife took some pictures but it's 4AM here and I'm not about to accidentally wake her up and get her phone. These will have to do for now.

It finished up faster than we thought, because it may be smaller than we thought?! We knew the spa would be eating in to the pool area a little as far as gallons go, but not this much??? It doesn't bother us, but dang, we were off by 5,000-10,000 gallons as far as how many we thought it would be. See pictures below and someone tell me I'm doing some simple math wrong???

If it truly is larger than what our meter says...we got away with some free water!

Started filling at Noon on Tuesday, shut water off around Noon-Thirty on Wednesday.
IMG_7193.jpg
IMG_7212.jpg

Pump is running, arms are brushing and chemical testing will today's theme...along with answering the question of "When will the fence be done??????". We (Ashley mainly) are going to have a hard time with keeping little Crew out of the pool and teaching him it's dangerous. Blaise understands for the most part although we don't trust him. He will still want to throw toys and objects in it just to see what happens.

About to spend the next "how ever long it takes" to learn how to use this controller and get Jandy to talk to Pentair better.

Seriously, I'll get some pictures of the rest of the pool soon.
IMG_7210.jpg

Has Blaise seen it yet??? How have you kept him out of it? You do need to make sure the pH is within the 7s before he gets in to keep his skin and eyes comfortable.

You should not run the heater yet. The plaster dust can make a mess of the heater components :(

We must have been typing at the same time LOL I sent the above at the same time you posted the pic above. You are a SMART man to let she sleep!! The pics can wait!

We can dial in the size as you test your pool. We have a couple of different ways to do it. Interesting in the size difference. Not that it really matters in the long run. YOU HAVE A POOL!!!!

So for your Little Crew member. Have a towel or spot for "time out" right there by the pool so it can be done right then and there. Tell him where it is and what it is. Tell him the rules and what will happen if he breaks them. I use one min for each year of age. I will also tell you that for the "if you break this rule you die" things are upped a notch. (I say this KNOWING you have rules and consequence for him already but the Mommy Bear in me had to say it :hug:)

Has Blaise seen it yet??? How have you kept him out of it? You do need to make sure the pH is within the 7s before he gets in to keep his skin and eyes comfortable.

You should not run the heater yet. The plaster dust can make a mess of the heater components :(

When Blaise woke up we showed him the water in the pool and it looked like Christmas all over again. Funny, we were at dinner on Tuesday and an older man with a white beard was there and he asked if it was Santa. I think that's our first "Is that Santa" when it's not Christmas and we thought it was hilarious.

We haven't gotten in besides me feeling the sun shelf with my hand to see how rough the pebble was...and it felt great! The guys did a great job of troweling it and keeping it smooth. I'm super happy with that BIG detail...

I think the breaker for the heater is still off. Have NOT tested that yet...I won't until gas is connected which I don't see happening in the next five days. The longer the better as far as keeping the heater in warranty and all the dust filtered out.

But don't get me wrong....weeeeeeee readdddy!!!!!

I also finally have a picture of how the pavers will look in those random gaps in the deck. Everyone has asked "what the heck is this" and I can finally show people...again, on Ashley's phone. Crew and Blaise are also still sleeping, but it's going to be another wild day until that fence is up. They literally try and beat down the back door when they see me out there working.

THAT will be a good picture to get :laughblue:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.