New build in South Texas

We now have the mini waterfalls on the sides of the raised beam working and stone has been added. Also the light fixtures were put in. The landscape lighting should take another week to install. The PB take a trailer and 4 of their guys to move all the new furniture we bought and had in storage for the last 6 months. I have started to put together the dinning room table and chairs and placing other pieces in the backyard. Hopefully I will post some shots tomorrow. I have scheduled the Audio/Visual install to start the 30th of June.

And of course the infinity edge

We hope the PB can still work around the furniture we put in. I still have the outdoor living room set in boxes along with the dog beds. The dogs are only outside when we are and these will give them something soft to lay on. Here are a few pics, let us know what you think.

- - - Updated - - -

Beautiful. I have questions- the flat stone against the planter, what's that called? Also, the pavers that aren't travertine- what are they? And your patio cover- does it open and close w/ levers?

Thanks. What an inspiration and gorgeous setting.

ShadDixon... If I am understanding the question correctly, the stone against the planters and retaining walls were all shotcrete and then covered with a quarry stone. The pavers are from a company called belgard (http://www.belgard.com/). The patio cover opens and closes with a remote control. The thing I like best about them is that they are wind storm certified which comes in handy living so close to the coast with the potential of hurricanes. The company is http://equinoxtexas.com/.

- - - Updated - - -

The pavers reminded my wife and I of cobble stone streets in Rome.

Thank you. Beautiful design. I'm trying to decide between belgard pavers & travertine- any thoughts as I see you have both?

ShadDixon... If I am understanding the question correctly, the stone against the planters and retaining walls were all shotcrete and then covered with a quarry stone. The pavers are from a company called belgard (http://www.belgard.com/). The patio cover opens and closes with a remote control. The thing I like best about them is that they are wind storm certified which comes in handy living so close to the cost with the potential of hurricanes. The company is http://equinoxtexas.com/.

- - - Updated - - -

The pavers reminded my wife and I of cobble stone streets in Rome.

Thank you. Beautiful design. I'm trying to decide between belgard pavers & travertine- any thoughts as I see you have both?

The travertine is cool to the touch, smooth, looks outstanding and is very durable. This is the main reason for the selection. The PB thought with so much travertine (3000sqft.) that putting some other material closer to the water would give a nice contrast. Then when we saw the Belgard pavers, which were an upcharge to the plain pavers that we looked at, they reminded us of Rome and Venice and we had to have them. We knew that we wouldn't be walking barefoot that far from the pool so we didn't have to contend with them being hotter or rougher then the travertine. Lastly I decided I wanted a boardwalk over the water and that led to the third material that we used which is Trex

Omnipotent… We used Frontgate (http://www.frontgate.com/) for all our outdoor furniture purchases. They are pricey but the quality of the furniture seems very good. The outdoor living room set is still in boxes because we will be having stone applied to the rear of the house to match the stone on the raised beams of the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The gate openings are done. There are two sets of hand made gates being made by the same guy that made the Front doors for our house. The two sets of gates will be the exterior access points to our backyard. I'll post pictures of the gates when they are done. They will be made in the same style as the front doors. They are made out of Mahogany wood

- - - Updated - - -

I hope my future neighbors like the perimeter walls that they will have on one side of their property

Someone had asked about the drains and I said we bought them from NDS. They finished adding the polymeric sand and this is a close-up of how it looks. I also got the travertine covers made for the skimmers.

The travertine skimmer lid/cover looks outstanding. How did you have that made? Did the stone guys just cut it themselves out of a paver? How thin is it?

Thanks in advance. Love the look.

Let me start off by saying that some of our outdoor lights were hooked up to a transformer today and we were so excited by the look tonight, that I had to take a few pictures. None of the lights have been adjusted, there still are areas that have not been hooked up yet and I am not sure that the camera settings I used were the right ones. I will post more pictures as we go on. The sound system is up and running and it is phenomenal. Again, pictures will be taken and shared. The TV install ran into a few problems and did not get completed. The junction box that was installed earlier by the A/V people got covered with dirt and a couple of pavers. After looking at pictures of the project and 2 hours of searching, they finally uncovered it. Let us know what you think?

That looks fantastic! Your backyard is absolutely gorgeous...I gotta say your future neighbor is lucky to have such a nice perimeter wall.

Is the door guy local to you?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.