New build in Sierra Vista, AZ ( SE of Tucson 70 miles)

My accent tile was installed today and I was wondering I'd someone might be able to answer a couple questions...

1. What is used in between the tiles, regular grout or the pool plaster finish?

2. How does mine look? I think it looks too tight between many of the tiles, how does it get sealed properly if it's so tight?

Thanks y'all!

I do not now what they put there so I will be watching with you to learn.

I like how tight it is as I would not want to see grout lines with that tile. I think grout lines would take away from the tile.

Kim

I do not now what they put there so I will be watching with you to learn.

I like how tight it is as I would not want to see grout lines with that tile. I think grout lines would take away from the tile.

Kim

I talked with a guy I work with this morning that used to work in the pool industry and he said that it is the plaster that goes in between the tiles. He also said that if the plaster isn't In between the tiles as it should be (like some of mine that are basically touching), it would result in a probable leak area. Anyone else able to confirm this? I wanna have my facts straight when I request the PB to redo it all and start over. Thanks for any information provided.

I don't know specifically about the tight spaces, but I have read on here that it is the plaster cream that goes between the tiles. Hopefully get in the tight spots there is enough room to get some in there.

So I'm finally ready to have the pool plastered, I think it looks like next week Wednesday or Thursday...very excited to be nearing the completion of the project and begin to enjoy it!

My question is, is there a certain amount of time that the pool needs to be filled by? I'm on a well, and I'm a little scared to have the water go full pressure till the pools filled(don't want well problems). I'm wondering if I can fill it over a 2 to 3 day period? My neighbor has also gave the ok to run a hose from thier place, also a well, to help the process. I've looked into hauling water, and so far I've found just one person that does that, and it was going to be $430 per 3,700 gallons, very pricey. Thanks for your thoughts and input.

You need to keep the water flowing in. You do NOT want the water to sit at one spot for any amount of time as it might cause a "stain" line. You sure do not want that to happen to your brand new plaster :(

Do you have your test kit yet? What one will you get? If your PB is not providing one or if it is not one of the good one (see my siggy for the best one) you need to get one asap so you can test your fill water. That way you will be ready with what you need to balance your water when it does get filled.

Maybe you and your neighbor can "take turns" running your wells?

Kim

So I'm finally ready to have the pool plastered, I think it looks like next week Wednesday or Thursday...very excited to be nearing the completion of the project and begin to enjoy it!

My question is, is there a certain amount of time that the pool needs to be filled by? I'm on a well, and I'm a little scared to have the water go full pressure till the pools filled(don't want well problems). I'm wondering if I can fill it over a 2 to 3 day period? My neighbor has also gave the ok to run a hose from thier place, also a well, to help the process. I've looked into hauling water, and so far I've found just one person that does that, and it was going to be $430 per 3,700 gallons, very pricey. Thanks for your thoughts and input.
Is there anyone else in your area that hauls water? I got a quote from a service in Apache Junction for $750 for 15K gallons. Jim's Water Service. I think I can fill from the City water cheaper, but time is of the essence since I need to fly in to fill it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.