New build in Seabrook, TX - Sewer Line Found

TCMCaptain

May 10, 2020
El Lago, TX 77586, USA
Good Morning everyone! I have been reading y'alls very informative posts for awhile and we recently signed a contract on our first ever pool. We are very happy with the design our PB designed us but we are going to change the equipment to saltwater after researching and talking to friends. I just don't understand why our PB is so against saltwater. Even the other PB's we received estimates from were against it. Please feel free to offer any advice you have. We are still in permitting phase. Thank you all for your help!InkedScreenshot_20200610-195107_LI.jpgedited pool contract.jpg

Welcome to the forum!
Great choice on getting a SWCG. I love the PB saying it is 'outdated'. The system they have quoted is voodoo - UV. And trichlor use means you have to drain a significant % of your pool water each month to keep it clean and sanitary.

Be sure the SWCG is rated for at least 2X your pool volume. So the IC40. You should also discuss with them using the new Pentair Intellicenter. It is the next generation after the Easytouch. The ET4 they are quoting is going to have too few of relays from what I see. You have a spa blower, lights, etc. Are you planning to get Screenlogic so you can control the systems from phone/computer? That is an add on with ET but comes installed in the Intellicenter.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

I'm not certain why PB's are so against it. The only reasons I can assume are better margins on new UV/Ozone products by suppliers, and possibly add-on sales after the build by offering pool cleaning/chemical services. Or maybe again, kick-backs form local pool cleaning/chemical services.

My pool builder does not like salt either, but I am getting a salt system based off all the reviews on this site. He added an inline chlorinator in case I want to move to chlorine later. He said the main thing is to make sure I maintain the system. I guess he has seen were people don’t maintain SWC systems and it has caused pumped and heater failure down the line. I am also getting a chiller, hear they are a must here in TX

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So 5 days after we signed the change order for the switch to saltwater from the Easytouch with screen logic to the Intellicenter, I got an email this evening saying the Pentair rep won't approve my pool builder to install the Intellicenter.... Has this happened to anyone else?? I know I will still get saltwater but is the Intellicenter something I should push for? One quote I read on here was "why buy an iphone 2 when you can buy the latest iphone 11" which I agree with 100%

Just email them back and ask for an approved installer in your area, just for the install of the intellicenter. Yes i would push for intellicenter. Keep everything else with your original PB

I'd also be interested to hear why Pentair would not "authorize" a specific builder from installing one of their control systems.

I mean, they couldn't "prevent" them from doing it, but am guessing the warranty would then become as if the home owner did the install. Isn't the PB installing other Pentair equipment? This is not an issue, but the automation part is?

After pressing the PB to install what I want (the Intellicenter), he referred me to his Pentair Rep and she called me soon after my conversation with the PB. Her explanation was that she has had so many complaints about the connectivity issues with the Intellicenter she has stopped allowing her biggest customer (my PB) install the Intellicenter until they get it figured out. But, during our conversation she mentioned if I can get it hardwired with an Ethernet cable then it won't be an issue and she will allow it to be installed.... My modem and router are directly behind the wall from the pool equipment so that will be easy.

Reactions: Turbo1Ton
Glad you were able to get it worked out so you can get the Intellicenter. Crazy that the rep is disallowing installations of them. Intellicenter has had some issues but none that I would be not installing them. Seems ridiculous knowing that is their flagship automation package and they will get the issues worked out.

I have been very happy with my Intellicenter, even with the connectivity issues they have been having. Any connectivity issues I knew of were all with the Pentair servers, as mine has a hardwired Ethernet connection.

--Jeff

Finally made some progress on our pool!! I'm figuring out building a pool is not stress free and to always expect the unexpected... First we had to relocate the electric line and now we have to relocate the sewer line.... Anyone ever run into this issue? Our project manager didn't seem to concerned about it but its not his money that has to pay to have it moved lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20200729_072833.jpg
    IMG_20200729_072833.jpg
    693.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20200729_072846.jpg
    IMG_20200729_072846.jpg
    776.6 KB · Views: 57
How did (or will) your PB resolve the sewer line? IIRC, one of the PBs we are talking to says they literally gunite it into place, and then once the plumber has the new line, they patch the pool before plaster. I might have a detail wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is what he said. He didn't seem phased by it, and I'm certain we have our sewer line in the way.

now we have to relocate the sewer line....

Sewer line should not be a big deal to re-route. Just be sure they schedule 40 pipe and glue all the joints and put clean outs at every bend. You do not want to have to dig it back up especially if it is under your deck. I assume you are outside city limits so no inspections are necessary? You need to be sure they do it correctly. Your existing line was not installed correctly that is why they had to tape up the joints to keep it from leaking out. If it can leak out then roots can get in and clog the line.

You should also make sure they have dug down to virgin soil. That very black rooty soil in the left of the pic does not look like virgin soil. I am not familiar with your soils down there so I could be mistaken, however it is definitely worth your time to ensure they are on solid virgin ground.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.