New Build in Sacramento!

I’m getting quote for solar from the big three manufacturers here. The 2 so far are quite a big difference in price. I looked at the Florida solar center energy ratings but is mostly reads like a foreign language to me. I also read through post here but most say to go look at the ratings. Is there any big difference in efficiency and quality?

Attached is a photo of my roof. Unfortunately I only have room on my north facing roof due to PV panels and I only have room for 85% coverage. Would this even be effective?

With that TA no rush in getting more calcium. Keep lowering your pH to 7.4 when it hits 8 to lower the TA.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I started adding salt yesterday to switch to my SWG since it has been over 30 days.
My TA has been slowly dropping over this time as expected.

Per the IntelliChlor instructions the balance must be : PH 7.2-7.8, CH 200-400, TA 80-120, Salt 3200-3400.

TFP’s guidelines are almost the same:
FC 4-6 ppm
PH 7.2-7.8
TA 60-80
CH 350-450 for plaster
CYA 70-80
Salt 200-400 ppm ABOVE recommended optimum level

My numbers this morning:
TC 9
PH 7.7
TA 230
CH 250
Salt 2800 (adding more today)
CYA somewhere between 1-20 (CYA view tube was 99.9% full before I could not see black dot)

I read on TFP to overshoot TC and once it falls to the 4-6 range install and turn on SWG; that is why it’s high. TFP also says the TA in the correct range is important but for bicarb start up it says to let it go down slowly over time.

Should I wait to install the SWG until the TA naturally falls? Also should I add dry stabilizer to get CYA up or will that rise as TA falls?

Last edited:
You can install the SWG anytime.. when you turn it on is when it starts doing its thing...

I would get your CYA numbers up to the recommended range and add liquid chlorine ... my pool is already starting to act like the start of the season is here with the sunny weather we have been having and I live just on the other side of town from you... Without CYA in your pool all the chlorine will be burned off in the daylight. And adding liquid chlorine will jumpstart the chlorine levels so the SWG can just take over.,.. hope that makes sense. your other values will start to fall into place after that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.