New Build in Red Stick- **pic heavy** 3-25 update

Re: New Build in Red Stick- **pic heavy** 11-26 update

Lershac:

So sorry to hear about the headaches you went through. I figured with the time it took you to get the update back up and running - aside from digging that hole you were going to bury your contractor in (but didn't! [you never know who reads these forums]) - things were not going well. Pool looks fantastic! Even through all the aggro, the pool came out looking awesome. Here's hoping you and the Family can finally enjoy it in peace!

You ended up with one really nice pool/shed/yard there. And you know, even with all the over-dug walls, broken pipes, cut power wires, flooded yard, nosy HOA neighbors, lousy contractors, and everything else you had to deal with, there's that one thing you'll remember forever which will make all that fade away...

"Dad the pool will be better because we worked together on it huh?"

Lershac said:
Is that a kick-butt mustache or what?
plaster_crew.jpg
Yes, I have to say it is!! :shock:

It quickly becomes a story. I too have a story from my build. Enjoy the pool and thanks for documenting what seems unfortunately to be a recurring problem not only in Texas, but also in Maryland and many other states. What my good friend told me long ago. "Good things happen to Good People." We will certainly prevail at the end.

So I finally got around to putting in my spa jets. I have been working my tail off on work-work and holidays and all that (which were a hit, heated the pool up to 85 and we had a blast christmas day with extended family) so I had back-burnered any more work on the pool.

So many people told me that:

a:) 11 jets on a 3hp vs pump were too many, I would be unhappy.
b:) there was NO WAY I was going to be getting any good bubble action without a blower (the jets are waterway venturis)
c:) 2" plumbing was WAY TOO SMALL for intake on the jet loop.

Well thank goodness I just put my head down and paid attention to what my calculations told me! (I am a mech engineer by training, and this was the first time I picked up my calculator and books since college). It all works wonderfully! The jets are strong enough that I cannot run the pump on full RPM or its uncomfortable to sit in front of one (It actually hurts!) and while it takes about 30 sec for the bubbles to start up after the jets start flowing (sucking the air out of the air piping in the spa) they are plentiful, and feel great, and completely fill the spa with bubbles.

Thanks to the guys at waterway who supplied me with the engineering information (flow rates and modeling info THEY use designing the jets) and corrected my model when I was in the design phase! They actually cared about helping me out and not just selling me a bunch of plastic!

The only regrets I have there are that a couple of my jets are lower than I would like. :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Yeah, for now I have ipad and iphones and computer... waiting on a warranty replacement for the spa side remote that was DOA. Pentair is not impressing my socks off with the speed of warranty replacement.

Wow, pools should come with a disclaimer about the hangover inducing parties they spawn. Today was a totally wasted day spent recovering from a "small gathering" of 4 couples that went till 330 am and filled my huge recycle bin with empties. Just doing my part to support the brewery industry I guess.

Ugh, why does this keyboard make so much noise!

:nopic:

or is this "What happens in Baton Rouge stays in Baton Rouge"?

Glad you are getting your well earned enjoyment from all your hard work!
John

You are my hero. I thought that I was a hands on guy until I read your thread. Wow! I am not worthy. Thanks for your advice regarding my build. After reading your story (start to finish in one sitting), I am feeling very afraid of contractors. Well, actually, I am naturally paranoid but your story has me petrified (none of my friends are attorneys). Great pool, great story, thank you for sharing.

This thread in inspirational. With all the headaches you ran into I don't think anybody would have been surprised to see you throw the towel in. I am contemplating a DIY "spool" as we are about to purchase a house in the Austin, TX area and the summers there are brutal. I will certainly be referring to this thread and blowing up you PM inbox.

I'm also a Mech Engineer(by degree) and when it comes time to design the pluming system I would love to see the calcs you use. Oh thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, and thermo fluids, they were actually my favorite classes.

Once again amazing job!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.