New Build in PA

You may know this, but do yourself a favor and only use the existing soil for areas well below grade. Nothing near the surface. Allow for at least 4” of a good topsoil/ compost mix for the top portion to allow for excellent grass growth.

If you didn’t need to bring in soil, that’s a different decision, but since you need to, save it all for the top layer.
Good advice. Thanks for the reply. I have two piles that the excavator left. One is from the top soil and the larger pile is deeper dirt. I will put the excavated dirt down first and if I need more I’ll get topsoil.

Plaster was done yesterday. Very happy with the result. Just a couple “specs” of dark marks(debris) on the swimout step. As you can see, the brushing has started.

We had to go out of order and plaster before final grading. My landscaping “friend”?:mad: left me with piles of free dirt, but hasn’t come to spread it with his machine yet. I guess I’m on to option “B” now. I am going to rent a walk behind Bobcat and attempt to grade myself. We have about a 2 foot drop from the front edge of the deck to the lawn.

I assume it’s just drop a bucket of dirt and spread it with the bucket and rakes. Does it need to be tamped prior to sod?

619597B7-ADB5-49B6-8D8A-5B64D22FD38C.jpeg

Plaster was done yesterday. Very happy with the result. Just a couple “specs” of dark marks(debris) on the swimout step. As you can see, the brushing has started.

We had to go out of order and plaster before final grading. My landscaping “friend”?:mad: left me with piles of free dirt, but hasn’t come to spread it with his machine yet. I guess I’m on to option “B” now. I am going to rent a walk behind Bobcat and attempt to grade myself. We have about a 2 foot drop from the front edge of the deck to the lawn.

I assume it’s just drop a bucket of dirt and spread it with the bucket and rakes. Does it need to be tamped prior to sod?

View attachment 327210
Looks good. What plaster color did you go with?

Looks good. What plaster color did you go with?
We went with plain white. If I would have upgraded to color or Pebble, you might have seen my wife in handcuffs on Action News for domestic violence charges! :oops: I'm just happy to have a pool at this point and looking forward to following TFP methods!!

• Haha
Reactions: Dave1096
We are on day 13 of opening our new plaster pool. We have been brushing and adding MA and tri-clor tablets. Currently, the CYA is up to 20. The directions of the PB say to not have the CL over 1 for the first two weeks. On day 19, the directions state to "add 3 1/2lbs of Shock", and on day 25, " add 8oz Pro-60 Algaecide". The PB didn't leave either of these two items, but did leave MA and Tabs. I'm concerned about the low CL, but so far 0 CC. Salt system and salt still two weeks away. What would TFP recommend about adding the shock(if so, what kind), and also should I add the algaecide?

Also, just ordered my Robot(Rosie, for now, until we meet) from Marina. Wow! What a great experience, and the pricing is unbeatable! Many thanks for recommending them!

Reactions: Dave1096
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.