New Build in PA

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
Possibly an Ondura roof panel for behind your equipment. On the plus side, if you need a quick setting adjustment, your neighbor can just reach over the fence and take care of it for you.

SecoSteve

Jul 28, 2020
Lincoln University, Pa
We are at the point of finalizing the locations for two bubblers on our sun shelf. Originally, the steps were NOT attached to the shelf. We decided to change that because the Classic steps that the PB uses take up almost 5 feet of pool with 4 steps.

In the picture below, (G) is where one bubbler was originally set. Now that the steps are attached to the shelf, (G) would be in the way of entering and exiting the pool, so we have thought about moving it to (F).

We plan to put two lounge chairs and a small table with an umbrella sleeve through it on the shelf. Knowing that, (F) and (H) would lie away enough from the chairs.

The pool salesman thinks we should leave it at (G) even though it will be in the way of the steps. It’s our pool and we can put it where we want, and we will, but does anybody have any thoughts on where you would locate it? Would the bubbler “action” make it difficult to use the steps?

Attachments

PCR

Bronze Supporter
Jul 19, 2015
Frederick County, MD
We are at the point of finalizing the locations for two bubblers on our sun shelf. Originally, the steps were NOT attached to the shelf. We decided to change that because the Classic steps that the PB uses take up almost 5 feet of pool with 4 steps.

In the picture below, (G) is where one bubbler was originally set. Now that the steps are attached to the shelf, (G) would be in the way of entering and exiting the pool, so we have thought about moving it to (F).

We plan to put two lounge chairs and a small table with an umbrella sleeve through it on the shelf. Knowing that, (F) and (H) would lie away enough from the chairs.

The pool salesman thinks we should leave it at (G) even though it will be in the way of the steps. It’s our pool and we can put it where we want, and we will, but does anybody have any thoughts on where you would locate it? Would the bubbler “action” make it difficult to use the steps?
I would definitely move it. It's not only the bubbler action in the way (although that is an important point) but, with my bubblers, people put their chairs close by and stick their feet in the bubbler stream. Younger children are playing with the water stream when it's on. So you aren't just putting a bubbler in the way of the steps but also all the things that potentially go on around a bubbler. Our bubblers are set toward the front of our shelf, equidistant from a centered umbrella pole holder that is set further back on the shelf (more or less in the middle of the shelf).

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
I agree with PCR. I'd put the second one north-northwest of H. Basically towards the two ends of that straight section of the shelf.

SecoSteve

Jul 28, 2020
Lincoln University, Pa
Gunite done yesterday!

5 trucks arrived at 7am. Seemed to be standing around and on the phone. Didn’t look promising. Turns out the access in the grass was too muddy for them to make it in. They wanted to use the driveway😩. They couldn’t pass the driveway because of septic fields, so they said they could set up at the top of the driveway and hose it in from there. They said it would be dusty and it could get on the house. Or, we could reschedule. I reluctantly said to go for it.

Turns out all was good. They put plastic on the driveway and it wasn’t too dusty.

Let the Watering begin...

Attachments