New build in North Dallas- looking for suggestions/comments-UPDATED 9/22

Decking started today. I have a couple of questions about drains. They only put in 2, and ran the pipe to the middle of our yard. I thought it was going to go to the side of the house and to the front yard. Also, the pool drain runs below the deck and looks like it will stop in the middle of the yard as well.
Am I crazy for thinking the drains need to be run to the edge of the property line and down to the street (we don't have an alley)? Or are they likely connecting a pipe later and I misunderstood the worker? Thanks.
Pictures/
10580a0aaa171ffae0ad18bba930fcbe.jpg
d2aaacf9670a9b24d8c23bb4eb0296c5.jpg

Where they should drain to is a very important question. The answer is "It depends". What are the rules/laws in your area for run off and drains? Some areas do not allow drains connected to or taken to storm drains. Check the rules in your area and go from there.

:kim:

More progress! After putting the paver base down, we were put on hold the rest of the week as the supplier did not have our pavers.
They started up again this week.
1fbe92c6f8734b24ba5d3a07f1e5abfe.jpg

2e34d519896eb2aff31f47b7e831478c.jpg

We really like the look of the pavers. The nasty pool water; not so much (the mosquitoes in the back yard are crazy).
I've been assured they will use polymetric sand over the entire deck, but I've seen some bags of "play sand" around the deck so I'm not confident I'm being given accurate information.
If it isn't polymetric sand, I hope it lasts a few years until we can take the safety fence down and replace the pavers holding the fence posts.

More progress. The decking was completed last week. The structure was completed yesterday. Clean up and grading of the yard is almost complete. Next up is electrical finish out of the structure. Then final inspection for it. We are scheduled for plaster on Monday, weather permitting. Getting close to the finish line!
f67f6a6c3996accfee484315444cc890.jpg
609a4c0587d0d50b8da41d5aefc60a8a.jpg
005c0a31a194a1f7364ab70d02ed4301.jpg
d79f9ecf6a79f162dc6d2eeda54eacc5.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Things are moving quickly now. Plaster was put in yesterday, acid wash today and now filling pool. The electricians are here finishing the structure and final equipment hookup. PB is supposed to be out Thursday to turn on equipment.
We are looking forward to finishing this project. It feels like it has taken an eternity. Of course we still have the pool fence and landscaping, but those should hopefully be finished by next week.

We chose blue granite for the plaster/pebbletec.
37b9790fb80ec52ff91422c2561c2307.jpg

A bit streaky in places, but I'm told it will clear up.
8c8078c2fa522b606f312683a22acc4d.jpg

43f4eac2931088c75c58b41acba52d9b.jpg

6fbdd90296fa7a42923ef4947d770705.jpg

Two hours into fill:
ae3b052d871380aa2cac6b0d8bdc532f.jpg

Test kit should arrive any day now. Looking forward to the brushing[emoji3]

Awesome pool, love the design and layout. Just built ours a year ago- and just found this website this week (looking for new LED lights.) To say the least I wish we'd gotten a few more layouts and bids from different companies. Not really dissastified with anything just seeing how many more options and designs there are out there. Read through the thread but may have missed it, what is your plaster finish? I will say we went with Pebbletec - Pebblesheen and love it. Many people warned us against it saying it would be rough and cut your feet. I see how that could happen, but the installer has to be good and work it all down flat. I can't tell from the picture though what you have. Congrats on water going in - you're almost there.

Thanks. The streaking was before acid wash. This was after:
ab84f9c3129a448900603b32d00f2056.jpg

The plaster is the builder's "custom blend". I'm not sure if it's supposed to match pebble sheen or tec, but it seemed to feel fine to walk on our neighbor's with the same finish. Hopefully it stays that way.

Now for you job---------brushing! You will not need to go to the gym for shoulders and arms for a while LOL

The acid wash seems to have really helped even the color out.

As soon as the test kit gets there do all of the tests (except CYA unless the PB adds it). Post the results here and we will go from there.

Kim:kim:

Pool is filled. Test kit should arrive today. PB is handling start up. Since they warranty the plaster I figure they will get things going and I will take over soon. Equipment start up is tomorrow. I think brushing starts once the equipment is turned on.
I may test the water tonight if I have time, but maybe I should wait until PB puts in their chemicals since they will throw off any results I obtain now.

It is good to test the fill water if you are using your hoses so you have a base line to work from. You will know what you need to have on hand for when you add water when needed. I put mine of the front page of my test log.......oh did I mention you should get a small notebook to keep your test results in? It will help you learn your pool over time.

Kim:kim:

I didn't get a chance to test before PB added chemicals. Tested today. This is my first time testing pool. Using the TF100.
Ph- between 6.8-7.2
CYA- less than 20. Seems a lot less
CH- 175
TA- 110
FC-7.5
Forgot to test the CC

Using the included k1000-
Cl was above 5. Looked well above it.

PB is coming out tomorrow for one last check of pool, then the chemistry is on me. I'll test again after they finish and post results again before getting started.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.