iCorr434

May 28, 2020
Northeast Florida
After two years of designing and over a year of waiting (and scrolling TFP!) the PB finally digs this week :)
Wanted to get some feedback on the equipment & pool depth before we get too far along.
Pictures attached of layout.

Pool perimeter: 78'
Pool area: 365ft2
Gallons: 9,250

Pump: VSSHP220AUT (looks like this is not the newest Jandy model year, not sure what HP)
Filter: CS250
SWCG: PLC 1400
Power Center: 6614 AP-L Purelink (can't tell how many channels 4 or 8)
Controller: PDA-P4 (not sure if I should go with the RS w/ iAqualink as I only have the waterfall, no spa or heat pump).
Valves Actuators: 4424 JVA for waterfall
Lights: JLU4C 24W 100'
Pump #1: MDX W/ SDX on side - I think this is plumbed right to the bottom of the skimmer, is this good?

Hydraulics:
Branch Line 3"
Trunk Line 2.5"
Return Line 2.5"
Skimmers 1

Attachments

• Pool Layout.jpg
    Pool Layout.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Pool-1.jpg
    Pool-1.jpg
    752.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Pool-2.jpg
    Pool-2.jpg
    960.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Pool-3.jpg
    Pool-3.jpg
    798 KB · Views: 59
Looks good. I would switch the PDA for the RS it should not be much, if any, more. It will give you full Internet/Alexa and Smartphone pool control. I would also plumb for a future heater. I know you are in FL but could get some colder days.

Dig completed in just a day! Not sure on the pool depth.
They said it would be 4'5 to the top of the form board but when I measured it was more like 4'3 or 4'2.
Somewhat concerning cause the shallow end should be 3'6 to WL and we were hoping if they missed it would be deeper not shallower. Not sure how thick the shotcrete is but maybe it will work out. The contract says depth can vary up to 3" at shallow end and at main drain.

Attachments

• IMG_61D4A605B2CA-1.jpeg
    IMG_61D4A605B2CA-1.jpeg
    496.4 KB · Views: 21
The talk of depth should be WATER depth not depth to to the top of the form boards. The water depth should be measured from the bottom of the pool to the middle of the skimmer hold/opening. Like @TampaKathy said you will lose about 8" or so to the shell and plaster. I would have them come back out and dig it deeper using the words "water depth" as your reasons. They are going to push back so be ready to get what you want and planed for. You will be happier in the long run.

So the pool build has been sitting dormant. Based on what I saw during rough plumbing install I believed there could be a leak. The company has done two pressure tests with each starting at about 40psi then dropping down significantly over a few days. Not sure what to do next as I’ve given the builder two chances to see if there’s a leak and based on the results there is. Is the next step to tear out concrete and redo plumbing or should the pressure test be done a different way? They pressured it up using house supplied water each time.

06B72DC9-FD1B-445C-9DA9-7B84585C2D4A.jpeg

Attachments

• 5052EFEE-24BF-4D03-8AB2-534A9C7D8EF7.jpeg
    5052EFEE-24BF-4D03-8AB2-534A9C7D8EF7.jpeg
    249.5 KB · Views: 1

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had the same issue when they first pressured it up, I topped it off over the next couple days back to 40PSI. It does seem to take some time for the Air and water to equalize. I was told by an inspector that as long as it doesn't drop down to 0PSI than you should be fine. Not sure how your system is capped off but the screws plugs in the main drain and skimmer aren't meant to hold back 40PSI so they will tend to leak air until the water creates a bit if a seal. Mine started to hold around 20PSI after about a week or so. After a couple weeks it pretty much stayed around 18PSI.

Reactions: iCorr434
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.