New Build in NE FL

Now that what's I am talking about, your first swim and many more to come, congrats. Your water will get prettier with time. Are you brushing at least once a day?
Are you seeing cloudy dust when you brush?
Don't forget to check your filter pressure as it will increase and then you will have to backwash.:cheers:

Now that what's I am talking about, your first swim and many more to come, congrats. Your water will get prettier with time. Are you brushing at least once a day?
Are you seeing cloudy dust when you brush?
Don't forget to check your filter pressure as it will increase and then you will have to backwash.:cheers:

We will start brushing today. Pool company did it yesterday. It is hard bc the deck crew put so much paver base into the pool so I think a lot of the dust was from that.

Will our brushing get rid of the water ring on the sun shelf? I need to bring it up to PB.

They are setting everything up with the automation today and we will have our apps hooked up so we will be able to see the status of everything. Is there a manual filter pressure value somewhere for us to see it without the automation?

Nevermind on the automation. There were supposed to be enough actuators and relays to control all the lights and features separately. So PB has to order 2 more actuators, another relay, and expansion card for the automation. So they don't want to put everything online with automation until it is functioning properly and they can teach us everything properly. But I did get to see the lights turn on, sheer decent go, bubbles from open valves in spa, and 2 of 3 deck lights. So close!

It was cool to find out with the automation, you can set like 15 saved scenarios. So maybe for relaxing you just want the spa heater and jets with the sheer decent on - you just turn on what you want and save that and name it whatever you want and from then on, just one button turns on those things. Party save could be all the features on. Night time quiet could be just the lights on. So thats even better than I realized. I knew we could control it all but didn't realize you could save multiple scenarios and then recreate them with 1 button. Kind of like saving your favorite pizza orders on Papa Johns website lol

I also asked CM if we could get our pool equipment stuff brought here so we have a brush with a handle to brush the plaster when the company guy isn't here. We also need to find a handle for the whale brush that came with the testing kit.

Here's the sheer decent running. If you look closely, you'll see the blue led light on. Hard to see during the day.
21055970_10212491578711687_2320241365340438750_o.jpg

Thanks! I saw this pic and was like wow that looks sharp! I wish my eyes saw the water like the camera does but it will clear up and get even better over the days and weeks.

It looks even better on my computer [emoji335] we still have lots of swimming left for this year. Enjoy while you can because the work has just begun with summer kitchen, furniture , umbrellas, pool toys, tv,music, speakers, sod, landscaping, hard scaping, potted plants, pictures etc. :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nevermind on the automation. There were supposed to be enough actuators and relays to control all the lights and features separately. So PB has to order 2 more actuators, another relay, and expansion card for the automation. So they don't want to put everything online with automation until it is functioning properly and they can teach us everything properly. But I did get to see the lights turn on, sheer decent go, bubbles from open valves in spa, and 2 of 3 deck lights. So close!

It was cool to find out with the automation, you can set like 15 saved scenarios. So maybe for relaxing you just want the spa heater and jets with the sheer decent on - you just turn on what you want and save that and name it whatever you want and from then on, just one button turns on those things. Party save could be all the features on. Night time quiet could be just the lights on. So thats even better than I realized. I knew we could control it all but didn't realize you could save multiple scenarios and then recreate them with 1 button. Kind of like saving your favorite pizza orders on Papa Johns website lol

I also asked CM if we could get our pool equipment stuff brought here so we have a brush with a handle to brush the plaster when the company guy isn't here. We also need to find a handle for the whale brush that came with the testing kit.

Here's the sheer decent running. If you look closely, you'll see the blue led light on. Hard to see during the day.
21055970_10212491578711687_2320241365340438750_o.jpg

Did I miss something, what is going on with the spillway from the spa?

Still don't have anything. It was supposed to be max 24" so a piece of paver could be used but they messed up and made it 27" wide at widest point. With all my back issues, we havent had a chance to go look at granite. I have a company checking on some pretty lava stone from Italy but worried it will be too costly. If so, will get granite locally.

To add to the drama, hubby turned the lights on tonight. Didn't realize they put the deep end light over the swim out bench. So when its on, over half of the deep end is a huge shadow. We assumed the 2 spots over the bench were returns so they would act like jets on your back when sitting on the bench and the light would be the hole to the right. But they reversed the light and return. They didn't install the lights until like 3 days before plaster and we didnt think or know to look. I mean, they are pool builders. Everyone gets lights regardless if color or not. Sigh... I don't even want to think about what is involved in fixing this.......

This is not the sun shelf. The dark area is the shadow cast by the bench that you see brightly illuminated to the left. Ugh
21167158_10212505857988660_4191325414850838336_o.jpg

21083104_10212505858188665_2680568666872203824_o.jpg

WHAT???? WOW your PB has found ways to mess up that I have never seen before :confused:

note to self-make sure to tell new pool people to make sure returns are returns and lights are lights...........

I am sorry to say this but I don't think they will be able to fix this without some MAJOR undoing and redoing. Start thinking about how you are going to address this with your PB and what you can accept ($$ or trying to get them to fix it) as a fix. :(

:hug:

Kim (NO cheering)

My hubby is RAGING mad. His MUST HAVES with this pool, long before we even interviewed pool builders was plenty of bright, colored lights that illuminate the entire pool and spa, a heated spa, and 7 foot deep end. Now to split hairs, the deep end is actually 6'9", so yes just 3" short, but if you want to get down to tge nitty gritty of mistakes, that's just another one.

They already were talking about needing to drain half the pool to get the calcium hardness down. How about when that happens, they can lift up the deck, dig down, and move the return, conduit, piping, and wires.

Just when you think it is almost over... they eff us again. :mad::grrrr::shaking::cry::rant::evil:

Kim - to be detailed even more - make sure lights aren't where any benches are. You would think this was their first pool!!! :grrrr:

And to think, they showed us the lights working during the day. There is no way to see how it truly looks until the night. They just didn't want to show us how to work everything until they could function as we wished. It is likely we wouldn't have discovered this issue for another week or 2.

We want it fixed. Is this absurd?? I think it needs to be fixed AND a credit given bc at this point we will be missing MORE swim time and mess and God knows what else bc they will have to remove plaster around the fittings bc they are different sizes (hubby said they were). I can only imagine what the plaster guy is going to say. He was raging mad about them working on the deck while filling the pool. Wait until he finds out they have to do a repair. And I hope it matches.

I cant see settling and accepting this. We already did that with the accent tile. And at this point, we could have had them made and put in bc I highly doubt everything will be repaired and filling the pool again in 3 weeks which is the wait time to submerge the glass tile.

To think PB said he learned a lesson from us - dont allow home owners to source their own glass tile. Clearly he still doesn't grasp that the instructions Lightstrean listed are national standards to installing glass, not just their product. But yeah, go ahead and put the blame on us. Which is ridiculous bc even if it was special instructions, they were given back in Jan before the dig even started and they knew. Sorry but that whole sheet show (you know what I really mean) still makes me angry. And now yet another MAJOR eff up.

I dropped it on the construction manager today and he came out to look at things. He said he really doesn't know what could be done as there's hydraulic cement around both fittings in the shell and one is obviously water pipes and the other electrical. He kind of put his hands in the air as far as responsibility and said that is on the guy in charge as it was already plumbed when he took over. I explained how unhappy I am with this light ordeal and just to tell the boss to come fix my light. I don't care of they waived the 17,000 I owe . I would rather have my light. I can't look at this for the eternity of my life here.

What about just turning that light above the bench off or disconnecting it? It won't make the pool as bright but at least it will get rid of the shadow that is being cast across the pool. We actually did this with our shelf light because it was showing all of the imperfections in the plaster that I hated seeing. Was one of the best decisions I've made and it can be easily rewired.

You could have them drain down the pool some and drill the shell for a niche less light between the bench and the spa. That would kill the shadow and you could always tell your friends the light over the bench is to light the step so someone coming in the pool from the spa can see the bench/step there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.