New Build in NC

Aug 9, 2018
Clayton, NC
The wife and I pulled the trigger on our pool build. Signed in a contract in late Feb, builder should start in 2 or 3 weeks. While we can still make changes/adjustments I want to get this forums opinion on equipment and pool shape and size.

Pools:
Style: True "L"
Dimensions: 18'x40'x12'x30'
Deep End: 8ft (7-1/2ft water level)
Liner: 27Mil Upgrade
Coping: Cantilever

Equipment:
Ladder/Handrail: 3-Tread Ladder/Fig.4 Handrail
Returns: (3) Return Inlet Fittings
Skimmer(s): (2) Wall Skimmer
Plumbing: 2" SCH 40 PVC
Drains: Dual Main Drains (VGB Compliant)
Valves: Pentair Diverter/Shutoff Valves
Maintenance Kit (manual): Telepole, Wall Brush, Skimmer Net, Vacuum Hose, Vacuum Head, Skim Vac, Waste Hose
Pump: StaRite/Pentair IntelliPro Variable-Speed, 3hp
Filter: StaRite/Pentair Mod Media S7M120
Equipment Pad: Poured Concrete Equipment Pad
Automation: None
Light(s): (4) Multi-Color (LED)
Sanitation: Salt/Chlorine Generator Pentair IntelliChlor, IC-40
Swim-Out: 6ft Polymer (Gray Finish)
Steps:4'x8' Polymer (Gray Finish)
Over Flow Line

Questions:
1) True L pool, the 40 ft length with be 18 ft wide and the 30 length will be 12 ft. I feel this will be plenty big but I am concerned the widths are a little narrow. Thoughts?
2) Equipment list look okay for this pool?

Welcome and congrats on the new project. What stands-out to me is only 3 return jets. Seems like you should have more for a pool that size to ensure good water circulation back to the skimmer(s). My pool is 16x40 and I have 6 return jets. Maybe something to ask about?

Welcome to the forum!
Do you have a pool volume? Be sure your SWCG is rated for 2X your pool volume.
With no automation, you will need a timer for your SWCG so it is powered off when the pump is not running.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Also, without automation, your IC60 will only be able to be adjusted for % setting in jumps of 20. So be prepared to adjust pump run time or SWCG run time with the timer to manage your FC production.

Hmmmm................ Signed contract in late Feb, "should start in 2-3 weeks" (mid March) and here we are end of August, still waiting. Sounds exactly like my first pool building experience. Should be all finished just in time to close it up for the winter! ;) (Just kidding - hope you enjoy your new pool - looking great!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.