New Build in Middle Georgia

We finally got our first swim yesterday, though kids have been wading in the tanning ledge for weeks. Weather is looking ok just for this weekend, so I turned on the heat pump Thursday morning with 64 degree water, and it was up to 78 Friday afternoon. Today it will be a little warmer and I hope to get it closer to 85.

We went to the pool store earlier this week to buy a couple HDPE chairs, they carry CRP Products. They had them on sale and cheaper than anywhere I could find in Polywood, Trex, or Highwood. We also ordered a Polywood set from Home Depot for the porch.

While we were there, PB tells me he doesn't think the tech can change that valve, that he's never done one and doesn't know how to do it. He says if I do it they'll honor the warranty if I screw it up. So I guess that's what I'm doing this weekend.

Here's a couple pics after the coping stained and the fence up. Build finally finished. If weather looks fair next week I'll kick on the heat pump and we'll try it out.

View attachment 94656
View attachment 94657

Here are the valves in question:
View attachment 94658

He currently has it set so that the waterfall valve does a 180 cuts off the bubblers and returns. The bubbler valve also does a 180 and cuts off the returns. I'd leave the bubbler valve alone, but have the waterfall stop at 90. I think I'd still want to do a One Touch program though for bubblers and waterfall simultaneously, as I think running both I'd want a higher pump speed than running either individually.

I just noticed something with your valves. They are used inside the pipes they connect to as apposed to outside. This effectively reduces the size of your plumbing. Take a look at mine below and see how the PVC pipe goes INSIDE the Jandy valve opening. This could have a lot to do with lack of flow to water features. No easy way to fix that.

Jandy has different sized valves if he had used the larger Jandy valve it would fit like mine fit.

jv.jpg

I changed the JVA this weekend. It wasn't bad, removed the cover, took off a couple brackets holding the switches, then adjusted the top gear to where I wanted. Took 2 tries to get it right because the gear isn't marked. I set up a OneTouch button to turn both JVAs and set my VSP to full, and the pressure looks good to me. Even the tech agreed once he saw it today.

So today the tech came out and we got Jandy on the phone. Two guys from Zodiac couldn't figure it out, either what the error or means or how to activate the chiller. They three-way call in an expert, and he's finally able to explain how to work this thing. Basically those buttons aren't used any more, and the error is meaningless. And now to activate the chiller you have to go through a convulted process of dropping both Temp1 and Temp2 below the chiller temp, and then setting the chiller temp, which changes the button in Devices On/Off from Heat Pump to Chiller. (Thread with more detail)

Agh. This has been ridiculous and I lay the blame squarely on Jandy for their outdated manual and software. Two calls to first level support and they can't figure it out without bringing in their expert on this unit. And now I'm done and have to write my last check. No major complaints, just minor hassle. I'll always wonder how much easier this would've been if I'd gone with the higher bidder PB who used Pentair, and if their software is any better. I think this summer I'll try rolling my own controller with a Raspberry Pi based on the threads here. But I'll just kick back and enjoy the pool with a few beers until I want to face that challenge.

Last edited:
WHAT??? That is very poorly done for sure! Glad you got the "expert" on the phone to figure it out but.............that should be something YOU or anyone can figure out with the manual!!! GURRRRRRRRRRR for you!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.