New Build in East Mesa AZ

Looks great!! I like the way its sort of closed in and lit with the sails..
Do you cover the whole pool? The wife isn't as tolerant of cold water like I am..
Hello, I've notice Kim always has nice things to say which is nice.:) Her advise is also spot on!(y)
Thank you Don! The shade sails cover a little more than half of the pool. More afternoon shade when its the hottest. Id like to add one more sail, however, the wife says I've done enough with the Pergola and all. Now, we have been using a solar cover at night to hold in some warmth. Keeps the pool at or above 90 degrees by morning. A few weeks ago the pool was 72. The cover shot it up to 88 in three days! I'm sure by Monday when the average 24 temperature is close to 90+ the cover will be put away until Labor day. Solar covers really do work! I for one like it, I wont go in until the pool is 88. I too am not tolerant of cold water.... LOL.

Cheers!

Reactions: Don_TLR
Is it a fitted cover?
It is now. I purchased a 16' X 30' Rectangular, Blue, 12 mil. bubble cover with a 6 year warranty from Jasper's Pool Supply in Gilbert. Reasonable at $120. I placed it over the pool for about 3 days or so until the sun "formed" it a bit. Then I cut it to shape simply by using a good Fiskars scissors right along the deck edge. I had to get in the pool to fine tune the cut around the Grotto. It cut like wrapping paper (easy). Cinch to roll up. We love it!

Cheers!

Update on pool build. The last stages are finally done!! Phew!!! It has been a LONG road. I have been outside EVERY weekend and then some since late September 2018. My only lagging issue is my poor Sago Palms. Even with modified watering schedule and fertilization, they are struggling in the heat :confused:. So I held off on terrace decorative rock and sand (Beach like) until they recover or have to be replaced. They were planted in early March and should have been established enough to survive summer?!?

Final 1 7.13.2019.jpg
Shower.jpg
Shower Inside.jpg
Final 2 7.13.2019.jpg
Final 4 7.13.2019.jpg
Pump Shade 1.jpg
Final 5 7.13.2019.jpg

Again, I'd like to thank members on this site for advise and feedback. It has been informative and appreciated!!

Cheers!

I did all the paint work including the house. I block filled / primed first with Dunn Edwards products. In addition, I did the Pergola kit, syn grass, block work, landscaping, low voltage lighting etc.

Cheers!

Psycho1122
I have visited your thread from time to time just to watch :p
Now that you are done, just wanted to post a quick comment and say VERY NICE!!!!
That back yard of yours really made quite the transformation. Impressive.
Thanks very much for sharing the build progress with us.

Once again, thanks and GREAT JOB :goodjob:
r.

Reactions: Psycho1122

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Cool, what brand sprayer did you use? I’m contemplating painting my block walls and would like to know what equipment people have experience with. :cheers:

Sure! I used a Graco Nova 390. If possible, have a buddy roll the block behind you as you apply the block filler with the sprayer. Goes much quicker and better coverage. Use crappy 4X8 paneling for ground "shields". Then get a QUALITY outdoor latex paint like Dunn Edwards or Sherwin Williams. Any Graco will do the job, even a nice used one on Ebay or you could even rent one from a paint store. You can learn to use it by watching You Tube clips ;)

Cheers!

Reactions: Arizonarob
Psycho1122
I have visited your thread from time to time just to watch :p
Now that you are done, just wanted to post a quick comment and say VERY NICE!!!!
That back yard of yours really made quite the transformation. Impressive.
Thanks very much for sharing the build progress with us.

Once again, thanks and GREAT JOB :goodjob:
r.

Thank you Sir! I appreciate your compliments. There are SO MANY nice pools out there! To be complimented on this site means a lot. We wanted an ideal outside environment that made the most use out of our modest sized (typical) AZ backyard. Maybe what we did could inspire others with similar yards?

Cheers!

Reactions: MyAZPool
How on earth are you guys able to get away with painting your walls?? My HOA would have me drawn and quartered for touching “the community’s” (my) walls. Would love to be able to pull this off.

Some HOA’s are like that, we can paint the inside of the walls only, but they need to be one of the “approved” colors. I could never get away with a blue color like the one in his pictures.

Our HOA allows us to have latitude in our back yards. Your immediate neighbors are required to approve. At the time, I only had one. The other was empty and for sale. My neighbor to the north can only see my rooftop. Everything seen from the street (private) has to be approved by the HOA "Architectural Committee" (the Board).

Cheers!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.