New Build in East Mesa AZ

What will you be putting up in the retaining wall area?

Why? Why did he paint IN THE RAIN??? Any way you can ask/make him come back and sand it down and redo?

The retaining wall will have the plumbing under decorative rock for solar heating via a 1000 gal/hr pump (60 watt), some aloe and baby palms (not pygmy) alternating each other, low voltage lighting atop roped dock posts and either a 3' or 5' lighthouse. Why did the plumbers paint over rain?!? Lazy? Dumb? Most likely, in a hurry. Haste makes waste. PB (contractor managers) will not repaint unless it peels. :rolleyes: I've asked for paint to redo it myself.

Some of my favorite picks right there!

Now with the waterline tile.....did you pick through the boxes? Are there in tiles you wish they had not used?

That waterfall and slide looks awesome!!! What fun that will be!!

Some of my favorite picks right there!

Now with the waterline tile.....did you pick through the boxes? Are there in tiles you wish they had not used?

That waterfall and slide looks awesome!!! What fun that will be!!

Funny you should ask. No, we did not have an opportunity to look through the tile. We do wish we could have sorted, orientated and or numbered them. There was some variance and the installer did not put any thought into separating the darker colored tiles from each other etc. There were a total of 6 tiles left over when completed. Overall, after water is half way up the tile, it will be negligible. We do like the "Caribbean water" colors and the earth tones sprinkled in. Once the landscaping and paint is done, it should all tie together.

The water feature will be fun for our boys and hanging out under the waterfall will be nice. We had low voltage lights installed for nighttime adventures. The bonus is that the feature assists in shading the plumbing equipment. It will be easy to provide additional midday shade for it. Thank you for your compliments.

Cheers!:D

That is looking great. Seems like a pretty tight work area for the pumps and filter but hidden well behind the waterfall/grotto. I think our tile is going to be very similar. Nice work so far!

There was one build with the same pretty tile as you have............the installers seemed to TRY to put all of the lighter ones together and all of the darker ones together :roll: It was AWFUL! The PO made them redo the whole thing and he picked through and place them how he wanted them. The PB did not even try to say it looked okay :roll:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
NICE! Just think! You will have the wonderful pool to jump into when you get hot from the other work!!

Kim:kim:

Oh yeah! A shower first of course to keep the CC down ;)

Well, that was quick,, in pictures.. They made good use of your yard filling it in with fun and they buys will have a nice slide..

Thank you Don. Yeah, I really did not have many questions during the build. This site was VERY infromative and I knew what to do and expect going in. I myself have a hard time watching these build threads, they can drag on for months! So I just whipped it up after the fact. Our build took only 48 days. Yes, the boys (and ourselves ;) ) will enjoy the water feature and slide. Grotto for me and a beverage. With shade sails, Pergola and umbrella(s), this will be a GREAT outdoor "room".

Cheers!

Reactions: Don_TLR
Hello;

Since it has been some time since I've posted an update on our build. I have included some recent pictures. Still PLENTY to do to finish everything we have in mind for the palate. As you can see, I am on a final stage for our outdoor shower and drainage.
We have been swimming in 90+ degree water since we keep a solar cover on. Boys are loving it!! Can not complain myself ;)

Cheers Everyone!Pool 1 5.14.2019.jpgPool 2 5.14.2019.jpgPool Night 1 5.15.2019.jpgPool Night 2 5.15.2019.jpgPool Night 3 5.15.2019.jpgShower construction 5.28.2019.jpg

SWEET!! That all looks SO good! I bet you are loving every minute of it! Are the boys sleeping GOOD at night?

The sail shades..........are they anchored to the block wall on the far side? Is there steel running through those blocks?

Kim:kim:

Thank you :)
Yes, the new environment is enjoyed heavily by everyone. I think we ALL sleep better after swimming. Funny thing, my oldest appeared to "putter out" early last night... LOL. The younger boy just kept jumping off the waterfall while I cooked dinner on the Treager.
Re; the shade sail anchoring. The north walls (Actually, ALL the walls) have pilasters that are fortified with rebar and filled with concrete. The footers are also very formidable! I have had these shade sails installed for at least a decade without any issue. In AZ, they are fantastic ;)

Cheers!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.