New build, Houston (Cypress), Tx

Thanks! Starting to get excited now! Though progress may be slowed due to the rain forecast this weekend...
Cleanup today, trenching/plumbing on Fri/Sat and hopefully all going well tile/coping and then stone work starting next week. Equipment arrives this Friday too!

Close up of steps & (small) beach entry

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So the PB and I got talking the day before yesterday about the steps for the slide. Originally the intent was to hide them from view with boulders and use rocks as the handrails. We talked and decided that we should shoot handrails out of gunite as it is smoother and safer. They came out yesterday and added them. Much happier from a safety perspective but they'll probably be visible. Safety was priority though.

So been a bit slow since Gunite. Been trenching for the plumbing and them doing it, hopefully all the plumbing will be finished today. Tile has arrived and we're happy with the 10 or so we've taken out the box to look at. Tile and coping should commence tomorrow with any luck.
Start of equipment install:

Tile choice:

Cool. We've been sitting too. PB warned us it would get slow. He's putting on the mastic sealer today. Tile and coping should be soon. He told us we would have a bit of a delay due to the tile guy having a big job.

Looking good! I'm ready for our to be done now but I know its still going to be awhile.

TexSS said:
Cool. We've been sitting too. PB warned us it would get slow. He's putting on the mastic sealer today. Tile and coping should be soon. He told us we would have a bit of a delay due to the tile guy having a big job.

Looking good! I'm ready for our to be done now but I know its still going to be awhile.
My wife and I are trading days when we're frustrated it's not done yet. To be fair to our PB, he's not being slow, we're just really impatient and excited to be able to use the pool and he did tell us this would be the slowest phase with the least visible progress.

It's just hard as we have a 2 yr old who is desperate to go outside and it's just not safe for him at the moment. At least we live on a quiet cul-de-sac so he can play out front. Watering the front yard and areas of the backyard that are remaining grass is getting tiring too. I really wish we could have just a few showers come through. It took me 2.5 hours yesterday to water everything.

Ouch.

We had our spinkler installer come out and put a temporary timer on the front yard so we wouldn't have to manually water anything. He came out the same day they were working on the plumbing and capped off what was broken. Great guy. Hasn't even charged us yet, said we would settle up after the pool was finished and he comes back out to re-run zones and such. He put our sprinkler in over 10 years ago and comes out whenever I call him with a question or issue.

cbink said:
TexSS said:

My wife and I are trading days when we're frustrated it's not done yet. To be fair to our PB, he's not being slow, we're just really impatient and excited to be able to use the pool and he did tell us this would be the slowest phase with the least visible progress.

It's just hard as we have a 2 yr old who is desperate to go outside and it's just not safe for him at the moment. At least we live on a quiet cul-de-sac so he can play out front. Watering the front yard and areas of the backyard that are remaining grass is getting tiring too. I really wish we could have just a few showers come through. It took me 2.5 hours yesterday to water everything.
We are also in the same boat -- we just want to swim! Our equipment isn't in yet however, so I think we are able to remain a little patient. As soon as that equipment arrives and is installed I am going to be looking outside every ten minutes hoping the water magically appears! We are happy our PB actually agreed to repair all the sprinklers as part of our contract. I had to manually water the first two weeks after excavation but then he was able to get everything repaired / capped off so we have sprinklers again. Good thing too because I wasn't watering enough and a lot of our lawn turned brown. Thankfully its slowly turning green again with a little extra water.

Good luck on your continued progress -- I enjoy the updates!

Our PB is doing all the sod repair but isn't touching the sprinklers. He said that the reason he doesn't do it is that he has no idea how much damage will get done as he doesn't know where the lines are run. As such, if he included it, it would be at the maximum cost to ensure he's not out of pocket. He said he knows how much sod they'll ruin so he can account for that and he includes it as he thinks it important to return the yard to looking good.
I actually thought he answer to the sprinkler repair was pretty fair. All of the sprinkler guys I've spoken to have said they won't know what they can salvage until they can get in there and start doing it.
I also have no cable... It was shredded by the bobcat during the dig (it must have been buried no more than an inch) and AT&T refused to replace it at that time as they said it would just get cut again... Given how little protection it had I'm going to wait it out until the decking is in, then get the sprinkler guy to come out and the AT&T guy to come out prior to sod being laid.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.