New build Gilbert AZ

Tile finished, and plumbing painted/protected. 2 days untill pebble!

Grill also installed! [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]
582ca74d4973801c5d9194ee3aa3cf95-1.jpg
4bc29517beddaf727046dfd433efa563-1.jpg
21e09276b718b0659a6f5e66b9e05042-1.jpg
9f66ee376962ce7d6ece5bf6db7e70e8-1.jpg
f75eea62c2d892e4d6bd1a9cbc3b2fbc-1.jpg

I love your tile colors! Is the plumbing painted/protected more necessary in desert areas like Arizona, or should we all be doing that?

Great looking grill! I can almost hear the sizzle and smell the aromas!! Yum!

Suz- in Vegas it's actually part of code to paint the pipes to protect them from the sun. It's a simple process that takes under 5 minutes, so if your equipment is in the sun and you have temperatures over 90 degrees it's a pretty good practice.
It's almost like putting a sun shade up in your car, it's not necessary but they are cheap and they help keep the car a few degrees cooler

Love how everything is turning out MG

Thanks guys. What kind of paint is best to use?

I've used Krylon spray paint with good success. After a couple of years of sun exposure, it tends to dull down. In the 18 years I've had my pool, I've repainted it 3 or 4 times. In Arizona, I've seen mostly light colors - think off white and tan.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the explanation. I was not sure if I was missing something regarding concrete pools needing significantly more plumbing compared to vinyl/fiberglass, but sounds like this is for special equipment.

It's an in floor cleaning system. I know most people here don't like these systems, but I've managed my parents similar system for 30 years and it's worked pretty well. This one should work even better.

Automatic self-cleaning and circulation systems A Manufacturing

I like the look of a clean pool without hoses, suction lines, or robots running around in there.

I'll let you know how it goes!!

It's an in floor cleaning system. I know most people here don't like these systems, but I've managed my parents similar system for 30 years and it's worked pretty well. This one should work even better.

I like the look of a clean pool without hoses, suction lines, or robots running around in there.

I think the in-floor system makes a lot of sense for your area or anywhere there's a lot of dust and sand that settles quickly. Especially if you don't have a lot of leaves and floating debris (like my crepe myrtle :roll: ). When I first read about them, I was worried about plumbing under the shell, but I haven't read about any problems at all. I would definitely go with an in-floor cleaning system if I lived where you do.

And I have the same question as AZsunsets: What color is the finish? (add it to your signature, now.... :deal: ) It reminds me of my Blue Granite.

Congratulations!!! It looks wonderful!!

We have A &A In Floor Cleaning in our new pool. We also had it in our previous pool. Love the lack of equipment in/around the pool. The new venturi style heads even do a good job at low pump RPMs. Ours runs most of the time at 1500 rpm, using just over 200 watts. I had my pool builder add a dedicated vacuum port in the center of my side wall in the event I want to use a vacuum at any time. This was an important addition due to the fact that my Quik Skims work off of return pressure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.