New build Gilbert AZ

The pergola is aluminum. We like it, but I wish it was bigger. It's as big as allowed by HOA, but I guess if it wasn't attached to the house, that restriction goes away and we could have gone bigger. Can't have too much shade is Az!

We got up to 90 degree water temp before the rain started, I try to run the aireator at night.

HOA's always enforcing stupid rules! I agree, shade is a good thing here.
My water gets up to 90 also. I think the aerator helps a bit. I don't know if running it during the day is helpful or not, do you know?

I dont think it helps when the air temp is higher than the water temp, so I just run it at night on a very low rpm.

Also thinking about getting a bubble cover to extend the season a little longer when it cools off. Any idea how many degrees you get with a cover?

Love the travertine decking with grass trimming! I see you got aqua blue pebblesheen which is what I'm getting as well in our pool currently being built. I love you're pool color and glad I went with aqua blue.

The pergola is aluminum. We like it, but I wish it was bigger. It's as big as allowed by HOA, but I guess if it wasn't attached to the house, that restriction goes away and we could have gone bigger. Can't have too much shade in AZ!

We got up to 90 degree water temp before the rain started, I try to run the aerator at night.

I'm in Gilbert too. I can't tell much difference leaving the aerator on in the daytime but I do run mine at night. If it is on during the daylight it is because I drop anchor under the spray while on a raft or a floating chair. That gives you the best chill when the water is too warm to enjoy otherwise. :)

My water temps have increased now that the monsoon humidity is here. Overnight cooling is not so great now as it was in June when the humidity was under 10%. My pool was 94 last weekend. Not refreshing but better than the 108 air temperature.

I don't care for bubble covers to extend the swim season. I used them one year only. Unless they are extremely easy to put in place and remove, they made me avoid swimming altogether knowing I first had to remove the cover and then put it back on when I was done. The covers also get filthy on top and ruin the look of the pool in my opinion.

Funny...my HOA limits the size of shade structures if they are NOT attached the the home. I have shade running the entire length of the south and west side of my house that is anywhere from 6' to over 18' in depth. I also have two 18' x 12' Sunsetter automatic awnings that roll out by remote control. Got a smokin' deal on them used for $500 for both. On top of that, I have a huge crank out umbrella at the pool with multiple sleeves located around the cool deck so I can set up the awning in different locations depending on the time of day and the angle of the sun. Love my shade!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.