New Build - First Pool Las Vegas, NV

PB is telling us we need to purchase Pool RX for start up. I know most are not fans of the copper this will add to the water. I'm not sure what we should do since it has been stated several times to "do what the PB says because they hold the warranty card". If we do this at start up for a few weeks, then remove the unit will the copper eventually evaporate? I'm seeing people state that only changing the water ever gets rid of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The copper won't evaporate, just the water but...if you have lots of friends with blond hair, they can come over and help you get it out with their hair (works better nearer to St Patrick's Day). Joke.
Best not to intentionally introduce copper into your pool. Tell your PB you are allergic to copper and can't use that product.
I would NOT let him use that in my pool. He'll figure out an alternative if you make clear your objection.

15f58e572f706ae56fa21fdabfceb08a.jpg
Moving along. Concrete went in yesterday, we are going to have a busy week shooting for finish plaster next Sunday. Yippee!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you are SO close here is the TFP link to starting up new plaster BUT make sure to run it by the PB as he is the one that holds the warranty card. Most of them are not used to people who know about taking care of their own pools so be ready for :shock: LOL

Here are some links you will need when you are starting up a pool.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Do you have your test kit yet? Ask him which one he is going to give you and share it with us. We can help fill in the blanks if need be.

Kim:cat:

Awesome! Everything but a lazy river. Well balanced and beautiful slide/grotto/waterfall.

I went to visit relatives in GA with a pool several years before we decided to build...which in hindsight was an expensive trip. They also had a large waterfall which I think is a fantastic choice if done right.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Celebrating our one year. [emoji322][emoji322]

Such an enjoyable experience thanks to this site, the maintenance regime, and all of the helpful friends on the forum.

Many thanks for all the info and insight. Watching build threads and algae recoveries has become a favorite past time around here. [emoji12]

We finished the pavers to the pool deck right away last year. If we didn't already have so much area of pavers we probably would not have gone this route. They are hot!! Some landscaping went in at the same time as well as a surround sound system in the planters.

We installed grass in the other half of the yard this spring. It's truly become our own private oasis.

eebee0303cdd93d0ba4584d0abb5142e.jpg
10f7b7518004342e5371ffad6720f14a.jpg
706165ce838269038d546a1e25601d7c.jpg
0954d3e4b2fdbb0e34cad5dec4a13cf4.jpg

I will have to get some updated photos of the area this weekend.

Next up will be landscape lighting. Anybody have any low voltage powerful led pathway and spotlights you would recommend?

Wow! Wow! Wow!
Everything looks so AMAZING! And my gosh look at the size of that Vegas property, makes mind look like a side yard lol

We live in the boonies just to have this size yard. Lol

I just finished reading your thread. Gorgeous set up. The plaster and travertine are amazing!! What a fun dad you are. You're kids are very lucky.

One day, I would love to have all the Vegas TFPers get together. I love this site, everybody is so helpful.

Stephanie

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.