We are doing the same thing for the future water feature. We thought about a slide, but were back and forth, so plumbing the feature in now makes a ton of sense. We can add it later, or some other water feature, but don't want to tear up concrete/pavers later.

Everything back to normal with the skimmer, water levels?

We are doing the same thing for the future water feature. We thought about a slide, but were back and forth, so plumbing the feature in now makes a ton of sense. We can add it later, or some other water feature, but don't want to tear up concrete/pavers later.

Everything back to normal with the skimmer, water levels?

Yeah, learning it's definitely the way to go to do it before they button everything up! Yup! They installed a new skimmer, used jacks to lift the corner of the sun shelf up, added cinder blocks for extra supported, re-added the gravel fill, and rechecked all the levels. It looks 100x's better and is only about 1/2" out of level now. Can't even see it unless the water is completely still and you are just starring really hard haha!

We are supposed to be having the concrete collar poured this week, and then next step will be coping!

What part of MEM are you in? I am in Germantown. Welcome to the pool life. I wish I had found TFP sooner in my first year owning a pool. Glad you have found this place even before installing your pool.

I would recommend you do some research proactively on iron staining so you know what to avoid and how to handle it if you do start seeing stains appear. Our water from MLGW comes from a giant aquifer which basically means everyone is getting well water. Many people in our area have had problems with iron staining. I deal with it every year and have started to develop a routine each year to mitigate it. If you do ever have to SLAM your pool, be sure to keep the ph in the low 7's to avoid precipitating the iron out of the water.

What part of MEM are you in? I am in Germantown. Welcome to the pool life. I wish I had found TFP sooner in my first year owning a pool. Glad you have found this place even before installing your pool.

I would recommend you do some research proactively on iron staining so you know what to avoid and how to handle it if you do start seeing stains appear. Our water from MLGW comes from a giant aquifer which basically means everyone is getting well water. Many people in our area have had problems with iron staining. I deal with it every year and have started to develop a routine each year to mitigate it. If you do ever have to SLAM your pool, be sure to keep the ph in the low 7's to avoid precipitating the iron out of the water.

I'm live by Central and Highland area, nice to see a fellow Memphian! Thanks for the heads up about the iron, I will definitely start looking into it...I'm very new to pool life so lots to learn and appreciate any and all tips!

I would recommend you do some research proactively on iron staining

Here is how the previous owners left the pool for us for our first year as pool owners. I don't mean to scare you as this was likely from years of iron accumulation due to evaporation but it will help show you what could happen if the topic is ignored completely.

metal stain pool steps.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
After about 3 weeks of no activity on the pool, other than massive amounts of rain being dumped into it, we have coping!! We originally were going to do poured concrete to the edge, but our PB said they have not been having success with that recently and offered us free coping instead. We went with a white color limestone and it turned out wayyyy better than I could have imagined. The installers did a superb job!
IMG-3791.jpgIMG-3790.jpgIMG-3789.jpg

I saw another post around here of concrete coping around a FB pool that was "not so straight". If some guys aren't confident in doing it right, not a bad choice to do something like this. Turned out great!

Reactions: CircaSurvivalist
We had our concrete poured today. There's still tons of debris everywhere and I'm honestly a little concerned with how they are now going to clear all of the debris out of the yard without damaging our brand new beautiful concrete....seems like they worked themselves into a corner? Oh well...glad I'm not the one that will have to shovel all that dirt!
IMG-3866.jpg
IMG-3868.jpg

Maybe I'm not looking at the picture correctly, but is that damage, or just a lot of unnecessary dirt to clean? Not that either are ok, just trying to gauge what kind of careless happened here.

Everything was looking good so far. Loved the "work from home" pic with the nice new concrete, hate to see it like this now.

I see a chlorine feeder in the plumbing - any plans to add a SWG? I started with feeders over 30 years ago... last two pools have had an SWG. Far easier to maintain, and less chemical usage.

Pool looks great! Love the coping!

Maybe I'm not looking at the picture correctly, but is that damage, or just a lot of unnecessary dirt to clean? Not that either are ok, just trying to gauge what kind of careless happened here.

Everything was looking good so far. Loved the "work from home" pic with the nice new concrete, hate to see it like this now.

Yeah, it's hard to see in the picture but there is a crack going from corner to corner of the section of concrete. Plus all of the rocks that were on the skid steer tracks left scratches so it just looks bad...going to have them replace this section with new concrete before we pay our final payment!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.