New build equipment advice

kpic

Feb 21, 2021
California Bay Area
Hello Everyone!
New member and first time pool owner ... We are under construction on a pool build and my head is spinning with all the options and decisions. I would love any advice or recommendations that you may have!
Pool Basics: We live in the Ca Bay Area, We will probably have the pool open April-Oct depending on weather. In ground, minipebble, Aprox 20,000 gallons, No Hot Tub, On a Private Well
Looking at SWG - pros/cons? What brand or model is best?
We will do solar heating but thinking about having a heat pump or gas heater as back up?

Welcome to TFP :)

Lots of info around here, spend a week reading and you will have much more info then you ever could think of..

Stay with 1 type equipment especially if you want automation hayward and Pentair are the go to but it will depend on what the company putting in your pool has...

A SWG is a great choice and we recommend 2 to 3 times size so a 40k or 60k would be a perfect fit for your pool... I love Circupool but if you go Pentair people like those SWG... here is a great chart..

the edge 3rd gen and core 4th gen are the newest gen SWG's... I love the SJ because is it just a basic one and the RJ is a second gen, the 2, 3, and 4 all have brains in them that tell you everything going on...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.