New build disaster. What can I do?

Builder's pool school:

That's the pool (points to pool).
That's the equipment (points to equipment).
Here's your test strips.
Good luck.
(Sound of tires squealing).

With a variable speed pump and a SWG, I hope that you're getting some sort of automation to coordinate everything?

Reactions: borjis
Builder's pool school:

Here's your test strips.
Good luck.

With a variable speed pump and a SWG, I hope that you're getting some sort of automation to coordinate everything?
Well— there is a very heavy white metal box still in the pkg at the pad. I took a few pics

Attachments

• AC8F61C9-3479-46A9-BC22-9EAF41CA7BE8.jpeg
    AC8F61C9-3479-46A9-BC22-9EAF41CA7BE8.jpeg
    743.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 73697214-82EF-4C1A-B2AC-1970A5E39C01.jpeg
    73697214-82EF-4C1A-B2AC-1970A5E39C01.jpeg
    459.2 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: JamesW
@Chastiti - I happened upon this thread when searching for grey steps We are building almost the exact pool as yours. I am so sorry you're having PB issues.

Are your steps 11'? And how big is the radius corner of your pool?

Builder's pool school:

Here's your test strips.
Good luck.

We also got 'YouTube is your friend' with a pat on the shoulder re: how to clean our cartridge filter! Thanks, dude!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We also got 'YouTube is your friend' with a pat on the shoulder re: how to clean our cartridge filter! Thanks, dude!

I’m WAY too cynical, witty, and can be a bit of a (well I think you get the idea) for anyone I’m paying to provide an answer like that.

Bottom line: unacceptable. You owe it to yourself to make sure they’re not only aware of that, given opportunity to correct it, and if not, you owe it to future customers to put that information out there for public consumption. Even if the rest of the build were 100% smooth, customer service and support is part of the package.

Seriously? :oops:

Yep. He did describe how to do it...turn off the pump, twist the valve to release the pressure, undo the 'belt', etc...but he didn't actually do it...and then said YouTube was our friend. I wasn't particularly upset about it because a) we already told him we weren't using him to continue maintaining the pool and cleaning the filter wasn't part of his start up and b) he'd already proven himself to be a 'typical pool guy' using test strips, just dumping stuff in, wanted to add salt at 10 days, etc., so, honestly, I'd have pulled up YouTube videos anyway and not tried to clean it based solely on his very brief description. Super nice guy, but...he's a 'pool guy'. ?‍♀️ And, we're going to clean it tomorrow, so hopefully the pool still works when we finish! :laughblue:

• Haha
Reactions: kimkats
Yep. He did describe how to do it...turn off the pump, twist the valve to release the pressure, undo the 'belt', etc...but he didn't actually do it...and then said YouTube was our friend. I wasn't particularly upset about it because a) we already told him we weren't using him to continue maintaining the pool and cleaning the filter wasn't part of his start up and b) he'd already proven himself to be a 'typical pool guy' using test strips, just dumping stuff in, wanted to add salt at 10 days, etc., so, honestly, I'd have pulled up YouTube videos anyway and not tried to clean it based solely on his very brief description. Super nice guy, but...he's a 'pool guy'. ?‍♀️
Ah...ok. So this wasn't the actual builder, just the startup guy?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.