New Build CT

She sure is a beauty. Your kids will grow into that pool.

As far as collecting ground water, you can look into well points and remove the water when it gets high. Research it and ask your pool builder about this. Also, im glad to see you went with 4 returns. Matt was pretty up front with it with you for good reason. You dont want a dead pool with minimal circulation.

2ffcd4e393b12fdd97e07cdd52d2ba5f.jpg
3bc70bd86a714ff3b9f31baa45389078.jpg
75f686f1cacd02d0c8f48546753d2456.jpg
cc90b8f05460119bdbb6c629757f6369.jpg
d81e7b79d651de760e3d67c26ff61c31.jpg

Yay for me finally able to bare the cold weather and take some pics [emoji106]?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that's going to be a very nice pool. With all the time on your hands you can really do some serious tile shopping and comparisons. Most people build in the spring and then the PB gives them a week to decide on tile and stone. It's a rush at best. So having the time you have gives Kimkats lots of time to influence your decision ;)

Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Now Matt you are just mad you do not have a light post or bench named after you like I do! LOL

I just help people with their decisions when they ask.........Of course it almost always ends up costing a little bit more :slidehalo:

All teasing aside, have you picked your tile and plaster yet?

Kim

Tile is going to be a more natural dark bluish slate, the spa will have like a ledge stacked stone, techobloc Champlain grey coping, and we are really turning to the dark gray plaster but I'm not sure if I should go medium grey... Decisions! If anyone wants to help us plan and think of a layout for our patio please tell or even if we are lucky enough render us a design [emoji16]?[emoji8] thanks in advance! PS I'm adding this to our shopping list just because of the Amazon reviews!
af4adf1bb2223cfddc63567c711349e3.jpg

Can anyone show us your setup of the pool pump filter and pump setup.. We want to put a sub panel on the outside of the house.. We want a nice clean look and easy to hide with plants around. Also I'm looking at my spa and asked for an 18" spillway but it looks as if it's only 12" should I have them redo it or maybe make another 12" spillway portioned to the existing?? Ughh all these little things - I'm sure the PB wants to hang up the phone when I question some of his stuff as they have over 40 years of experience and on the top 10 builders list for the last 15 years lol lol. Sometimes the forums and Google gives you way too much information!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is the 18" spillway width in the contract? If so, they messed up and they either have to fix it or trade you something in return like a premium tile upgrade at no extra cost. If it's not detailed in the contract then you might not have as much bargaining room.

They will have to jackhammer out some gunite and re-pour some concrete so it's up to you on how much "ugly" you can take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

The pool looks great. And hopefully they will fix any oopsies.

So how would you design a patio for our pool? I'm taking the picture from our second floor deck. We will have a white vinyl privacy fence on top of the stone wall and than aluminum fencing around the pool. (we have kids and our neighborhood is full of kids so I feel safer with it being fenced around the pool) please talk me away with some designs!

Okay here is my ideas..............

-hardscape (paver, concrete, tile, etc) from pool to small building. I would have it all the way to the stone wall on both ends of the pool. I can see a shaded area for a table and chairs, maybe a hammock, a day bed, etc.

For the other side of the pool towards the house have the hardscape continue all the way around the pool. Make it at least wide enough for lounge chairs with plenty of walking/running room all way around them.

I would NOT have grass any where near the pool. You will have to mow it and no matter how careful you are some WILL get in the pool.

You can put pretty planters by the little building and by the walls to pretty it up some. A fire pit is also a neat thing to have by the pool for the night time and cooler times.

Kim

Thank you kimkats! Yes we are absolutely doing pavers! I was thinking about a gas fire pit with the glass so it's easy to turn on and off. Where I'm taking the picture from I think we will make an enclosed porch on the bottom and the bathroom is right there too we have a raised ranch. I don't want wet feet all over my house lol! It's so hard to get a vision of the patio though!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.