New Build CT

0fc68a7e998833a69cdcaf2c5abbc5e8.jpg

The pool is flipped because when the sunsets if kept the way it was our backs would be towards the sunset.. And it's so much prettier looking at the sunset while in the shallow end.

We don't have either of those sheds in the above pics. Our new shed is in the corner of the lot. Or as everyone else in the neighborhood calls it "our pool house" little do they know we are using it for our lawn mover etc [emoji13]
2089185b3c2b4b51d8359d5bb865416f.jpg

This is from our deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f44b166c02cce0291de7f56869a6ac6e.jpg

From our ugly concrete patio

658ea1e2e130662d23f75753e0e50acc.jpg

Under our ugly concrete patio that will eventually be done with pavers when we win the lotto [emoji23]

b7705850925a027881b5b41d9f5706d9.jpg

Still from the patio other side

fc23b16c6c9a1ba16f457aafb50133ee.jpg

Don't mind the no siding on the house.. We thought we would put up Aztec board for them to attach the panels to the house. Didn't happen but we need to side the house anyways!

ff0f22f761663fd980f9314629f8e139.jpg

Taken near the equipment pad towards the other side of the yard

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I feel your pain! The wallet is taking a big hit THEN BAM another hit-bigger gas meter :(

The mud..........bet you can't wait for it to be all gone!

So what is your next step and when?

LOL on the pool house really being for the lawnmower!

Kim

I feel your pain! The wallet is taking a big hit THEN BAM another hit-bigger gas meter :(

The mud..........bet you can't wait for it to be all gone!

So what is your next step and when?

LOL on the pool house really being for the lawnmower!

Kim

Mud is mostly dried up but we are on clay.. So we don't exactly have proper drainage. (I know what the heck was I thinking!!!)

Next step is to find a landscaper $$$ or attempt to do it ourselves. The pool builder wants the patio base before they spray the plaster so his guys won't get it muddy.

We are coming to find out this pool thing is more expensive than we thought! [emoji24]

Gustafsa, that's interesting about the electrical. Our AquaLink box is mounted on the back wall of our garage. Outlets are 6' from water though.

They moved the box too the wall but our lights are stuck on a post and they couldn't move it very much from where it was originally as they cut the wires. [emoji52] we will live with it but it might kill my husband. The builder goes I've never had someone so picky with their equipment pad haha!

We are coming to find out this pool thing is more expensive than we thought! [emoji24]

Only smiling in agreement here. [emoji846]

Take best estimate up front and add 30%+ for all-in cost.

Ok.. Size of patio.. Bigger better? I want a decent size where my husband wants almost 10 feet all the way around... What to do!!!

Think about every pool gathering you've ever been to. Where are the majority of the people at any given time? When we asked ourselves that question, the answer was on the deck and not in the pool all at once so we went with more deck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.